• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Noob Issue - "Unregistered SIM/Emergency Calls Only"

Greetings all,

I've searched the forum before posting this issue, but I couldn't seem to find the exact issue that I'm having.

I've had my Galaxy S2 for about a week now, and whenever I am at work and the signal is low it displays the message "Emergency Calls Only/Unregistered SIM". Is this a result of the phone's inability to find a decent signal and an attempt to save power?

Just a bit of a pain in the butt to reboot the phone every time this comes up, unless there is another solution. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

In my experience (yet not with the Galaxy S2,) having an extremely poor signal will toggle the "Emergency calls only" text, just to inform you why normal calls won't process if you were to try and make one. In your case, the message likely means "unregistered sim" OR "emergency calls only," so your sim card is likely fine.

It wouldn't hurt to open the phone and secure the sim card in place, especially if your phone is susceptible to being jostled around/dropped/etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones