• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

noob trying to copy video to pc

edread

Feb 8, 2010
I'm about to be on my 3rd, yes 3rd!, Sprint Nexus S 4G in two months because each phone has broken in various ways through no fault of my own...Sigh. Anyways, I have video I took on my Nexus that I'm trying to move to my computer so I can still have it since I'm about to get another "new" phone. If I just try to copy them like pictures into my Windows Media Player 11 (Vista) it says it can't due them being 3gp files and it not supporting them.

My media player is updated as far as I can see so does anyone know of any way I can save these videos of my baby playing? I've found some programs online that allows me to watch them but they put their watermark on the video cause I don't want to pay the $80 for the full software. Any ideas? Warning, must spell it out completely cause this is all new to me and I will get confused, lol.

Thanks alot.

You just need the right codec.
CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
Click on the download CCCP Trust me on this one. Just keep clicking on next and ok till it is all done installing. When it is done try to open the 3gb file and it should open right up. If not please report back and I will help you get it going I have my childs first steps on my Nexus 4g too. I know the feeling :)

Upvote 0
It worked!! It's sideways, but whatever, maybe Picasa can fix. Thank you so much! Get to see my baby bouncing around, lol. He's only 8 months but will be walking soon too and would hate to miss something cause camera was in other room and only had phone which keeps breaking. Again, thank you so much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones