• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not getting special reminder tone with Handcent

I am using Handcent on my Droid. I have it all set up to use a different tone to remind me of messages (at least I think I do). Instead, it just plays the initial tone as a reminder.

For example, when I get a text message:

<wild bird> -one minute- <wild bird> -one min- <wild bird>

But I want:

<wild bird> -one minute- <honk> -one min- <honk>

Where "honk" is the reminder sound. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks!!

DroidAZ,
Handcent recently did an update (3-4 days ago I believe), and I noticed on mine that it set all my sounds back to stock. Other than that - all settings seemed to be what I originally set.
Now - I have a Droid Incredible, and I have never used those reminders...but it appears in the settings that you can only have one sound. Try checking all your settings again.
Maybe the recent update removed the setting that has multiple sound options - if you still have problems, I recommend contacting the Developer of Handcent. Maybe they can help you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones