• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not getting texts from Iphones

2hulahoops

Nov 9, 2012
Since I changed my phone from an Iphone to an S3 Im not getting texts from people with Iphones properly. The texts back & forth were going through as an I message originally when we both had I phones but since I got the S3 people with Iphones are still sending me messages through I message which I never get(unless they hold down the message to send it as a text).

This is fine I guess BUT is there no way that this can be rectified without telling them. I have texted a few people in the last month or so & I don't know whether or not they have replied.

Also, I think there is a setting to change in your Apple account to indicate that you aren't using iMessage any more. I can't give you the specifics because I've never used an iPhone personally, but i do remember reading about others having this same problem. If I can find more info I will post back and let you know.

I believe this is correct. A couple of friends switched from iPhones to Android and they had the same issue, and this sounds like what they had to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones