1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not getting texts from Iphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2hulahoops, Dec 12, 2013.

1. 2hulahoops

2hulahoops Newbie

Since I changed my phone from an Iphone to an S3 Im not getting texts from people with Iphones properly. The texts back & forth were going through as an I message originally when we both had I phones but since I got the S3 people with Iphones are still sending me messages through I message which I never get(unless they hold down the message to send it as a text).

This is fine I guess BUT is there no way that this can be rectified without telling them. I have texted a few people in the last month or so & I don't know whether or not they have replied.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I have a feeling you have to let your carrier know that youre no longer using an iphone. I kinda remember this issue when a load of people went from iphone to s3 :thumbup:

3. aml1025

aml1025 Android Enthusiast

Also, I think there is a setting to change in your Apple account to indicate that you aren't using iMessage any more. I can't give you the specifics because I've never used an iPhone personally, but i do remember reading about others having this same problem. If I can find more info I will post back and let you know.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast

I believe this is correct. A couple of friends switched from iPhones to Android and they had the same issue, and this sounds like what they had to do.

mydian and funkylogik like this.
  5. mikkijack

mikkijack Lurker

Call Apple tech support and tell them you need your "facetime certificate revoked". They'll know what you're talking about. It takes about 24 hours to complete, but that's what's wrong.

mydian and funkylogik like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews