• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving some calls

jamied9099

Lurker
Jul 5, 2011
I just bought my fascinate on june 30th and i just update to android 2.2 yesterday, its happened twice now that someone has called me and the phone doesnt ring it just shows me that i have a new voicemail. It doesnt show i have a missed call. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This has been going on with my phone since the software update. Verizon has tried to correct the problem by sending me 3 replacement phones. I am extremely annoyed at the situation. I have been happy with verizon for 11 years, but I may be forced to find another provider if they don't replace my phone with another device. I spoke with tech support for the 8th time today. The are going to make a decision within the next 24 hours.

Upvote 0
Mine too. Ever since the OTA update to 2.2 which was a couple of months ago now, right? It's very random. Every three days, sometimes a week, sometimes a few times the same day. It won't take calls or texts, and it won't let me make calls. The worst part is, once the calling ability has returned, it never does show me missed calls and it never does deliver the texts that were sent while it was malfunctioning. Eventually the voicemail notice will pop up, but not the call info.

I've started randomly calling my desk phone just to make sure it's working. If it ISN'T working, powering off and on, or simply entering and then exiting Airplane Mode will make it work properly again.

But that's no way to live...

I came here looking for a way to fix it so if anybody has any ideas aside from replacing the phone, I'm interested. Factory reset doesn't work either, by the way.

Upvote 0
My phone has been doing the exact same thing since the updates. They know about the problems and yet their solution is to send out "another" phone. I have sent 3 phones back in the past two weeks. I'm new to verizon and this is my first phone with them. I am paying almost twice what I was paying with t- mobile and the service is horrible. The absolute worst business decision I have ever made was going with Verizon. They hide behind "it is a manufacturer issue"....well I bought my phone and service from VERIZON. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Upvote 0
Well, not refuting your issues at all, but I have always been able to talk to their tech support and resolve everything that I have needed taken care of.

I have been with Verizon since 1994 and I am not about to change now.
Longevity always gets me perks when I call in, use a sweet voice, and patiently wait for them to call backup support or whatever is needed.

Again, that is just my experience, but Verizon is not an evil demon. Their tech people are just human and will react negatively if the user calls in all hot and bothered.

Just sayin' :)

Upvote 0
The phone hasnt missed any calls in the past few days. But there are other things that are starting to not work right, my email wont update, when i click the email icon it trys to load messages but never does. Also the signal with this phone is horrible, i live 5 blocks from my parents and i get 3 or 4 bars at there house but at my house i get 1 maybe 2 if im lucky. My husband has a older texting phone from alltel and he always has 4 bars. Pretty sad that a cheap texting phone gets better signal then my fascinate.

Upvote 0
This has been going on with my phone since the software update. Verizon has tried to correct the problem by sending me 3 replacement phones. I am extremely annoyed at the situation. I have been happy with verizon for 11 years, but I may be forced to find another provider if they don't replace my phone with another device. I spoke with tech support for the 8th time today. The are going to make a decision within the next 24 hours.

OK! After 10 phone calls to tech support and a month of frustration, a replacement device is on the way!

I called today and explained my frustration again to verizon about my fascinate receiving only "some" calls. As I mentioned before, they have sent me three replacement fascinate phones with the same problem. I read another post where someone received 6 replacement fascinate devices. What a waste of time and energy!

Here is the deal: As of yesterday (July 8), tech support is aware of the problem. If you call them now, they will offer you a choice of three replacement devices. 1. Samsung Droid Charge, 2. HTC Droid Incredible II, 3. Motorolla Droid x2. The Samsung Droid Charge is the only one with the new 4g technology and the most features, so I chose it.

I was told that I could also "wait" for another software update that will take place later this month. NO THANKS.

Throughout this whole ordeal, the staff at verizon has been very polite, apologetic, sympathetic, and so on (those of you who have called numerous times for this problem know what I mean). If they encounter this type of SNAFU in the future, I hope they offer a replacement device sooner. No one benefits from having the same software effective phone mailed out 3 or 6 times.

I look forward to the arrival of my new device on Tuesday. Good by Fascinate, R.I.P.

Upvote 0
OK! After 10 phone calls to tech support and a month of frustration, a replacement device is on the way!

I called today and explained my frustration again to verizon about my fascinate receiving only "some" calls. As I mentioned before, they have sent me three replacement fascinate phones with the same problem. I read another post where someone received 6 replacement fascinate devices. What a waste of time and energy!

Here is the deal: As of yesterday (July 8), tech support is aware of the problem. If you call them now, they will offer you a choice of three replacement devices. 1. Samsung Droid Charge, 2. HTC Droid Incredible II, 3. Motorolla Droid x2. The Samsung Droid Charge is the only one with the new 4g technology and the most features, so I chose it.
TWVACUUM

Upvote 0

TWVACUUM

Cheers, I did the same!

Upvote 0
I went with the DX2, not in a 4g area so that didn't matter, my issue was the same as yours, calls not being recieved, and I also had issues with the 4 soft buttons on the bottom of the phone would blink constantly, I could hold the phone in my hand and it would think I'm touching the screen, poor signal, screen would not shut off, pressing the power button would end up taking a screen capture, oh, and also, this current SF was my 6th replacement, enough is enough, Samsung made a huge mistake with the Fascinate

Upvote 0
Its still happening twice in two days (missed calls) i atleast figured out how to get my email to work right. I notice that when the phone is asleep and sitting on my desk thats usually when i dont get a call just a voicemail, as soon as i pick up the phone to check the voicemail it will ring (this would be the person calling me back), this also happens if the phone is in my purse. Like i said in my earlier post the signal with this phone SUCKS, and i'm guessing that's why im not receiving some calls. I really dont want to go through the hassle of calling tech support and getting a replacement phone that will probably do the same thing. I cant believe verizon is still selling this phone after knowing all the issues with it. Not sure what to do, i really like the phone except when it doesnt ring.

Upvote 0
SO glad they finally acknowledged this problem. I'm tired of missing calls! I don't know how many times Verizon acted like I was stupid and said "this has nothing to do with the 2.2 update." I called tonight and they did say I could upgrade to the Samsung Droid Charge, Motorola Droid X2, or the HTC Incredible 2. I would definitely pick the Samsung, but still hesitant because it's a certified new phone. I've read horror stories about getting bigger pieces of junk than what you had to begin with. Anyone have any advice or experience with certified new phones?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones