• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not sending texts

jivens716

Sep 15, 2011
Asheville, NC
For some reason, my phone hasn't been sending texts consistently lately. Like today, I texted with it before I go to church fine, and then afterwards, I can't send a text at all, but I can receive them (yes I know this is odd). I can also make calls fine as well...And when the error report shows up it just says error code: -1???...Sometimes a reboot will fix this and sometimes not...it seems like it just comes and goes when it wants...and i certainly dont want to reboot my phone every time this happens because that would be very annoying.

I just flashed the newest radio today (had the one previous to that before) and I thought that might solve the problem but it didn't...Also, I have a strong 4g connection so that's not the problem.

If anyone has any solutions or info on what I should do I would appreciate it!

I'd wipe cache and dalvik and then reflash the ROM. If that doesn't work I'd try a full wipe. Sounds like a ROM issue as a reboot usually fixes it

Thank you sir. Gotta charge my phone up now but will wipe cache/dalvik cache and report back! I would really rather not have to wipe everything since I finally got everything how I want it on my phone :/ (which is very rare ha) so hopefully this works!

Upvote 0
You also may want to give a third party messaging app a shot too. Seems to be issues with the stock app that pop up every now and again.

Handcent is my choice, and with all the customization its pretty slick. Go SMS and Chomp are some other popular options.

If you go that route, make sure to check auto-retreive on the app, and rename, delete, or move the stock app to your SD, so you're not getting multiple messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones