• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not your typical Time Without Signal issue

McNerdius

Dec 19, 2011
the wrong planet
I know all about the bug and airplane mode or the ##blahblah## thing - that's not what i'm concerned with.

Let's flash forward to a few hours from now, when i decide to pass out. My Time Without Signal will be less than 5% - typically 0-2%. When i get up in the morning - it will be somewhere from 15-25%. My phone is placed in the windowsill each night and it gets no less than 2 bars during the day. It does this each and every night, whether or not it's being charged does not make a difference. During the day, it will slowly drop back down to the aforementioned 0-2% before the cycle continues. I have 3g turned off overnight without exception, and it is off the vast majority of the time during the day - perhaps 2 hours total it is on. It is as if some CDMA boogeyman is coming in and yoinking signal from my area or something. Come to think of it, that almost seems reasonable: cutting juice from cell towers during off peak hours ? I dunno.

Any thoughts ? BTW my typical battery drop overnight is about 5-10% when i leave it unplugged. Average battery life has been ~36 hours till its at 20%. Haven't had to reboot since i got the phone... not once. Not rooted btw.

Hehe ... I'm not complaining. I'm just curious is all. That's why i put it in general, not support. The reason i included the battery data* is basically - it *says* it's not doing well, signal-wise... And yet... this is totally and completely not reflected battery-wise. As far as a CDMA boogeyman, i suppose CDMA fairy might be better ? Taking the signal from under my pillow and replacing it with battery life ?

Buaha ! Rest assured, i am not complaining by any means... just a nerd asking too many damn questions ! :eek:

*: [which i bow to, in contrast to the complainers who keep wifi gps 3g bluetooth and all that jazz on and bitch about it]

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones