• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 tips and tricks an ongoing project...

Tired of reading something important, only to be interrupted by a call from a friend? There's a setting that turns your incoming call notifications into a smaller movable box so you can read that last sentence just before you answer. Or reject and don't miss anything...lol.

Settings, Device, Call, check Incoming Call Notifications.

This is one of my favorites that I didn't realize what it did, until it was mentioned by someone else in another thread! For some reason, the description confused me enough to think it was for something else, so for the longest time, I didn't have it activated.

Upvote 0
Tired of reading something important, only to be interrupted by a call from a friend? There's a setting that turns your incoming call notifications into a smaller movable box so you can read that last sentence just before you answer. Or reject and don't miss anything...lol.

Settings, Device, Call, check Incoming Call Notifications.

really.... wow thanks!

Upvote 0
Useful Companion Apps:

S Note Desktop Software (Windows): S Note

Works with Note 3, and with Samsung Account (didn't check Evernote Synching)

S Note Desktop Software (Metro): S Note app for Windows in the Windows Store

Requires Touch Screen and Digitizer Pen (Surface Pro, Samsung's Ativ Tablets with S Pen, that Dell Tablet with S Pen, etc.) otherwise it won't show up in the Windows Store.

Samsung SideSync: SAMSUNG SideSync

Works with Note 3, checked. Have to install app from Play Store or Galaxy Apps on your phone, in addition to the PC App. Useful "Continuity" component.

Upvote 0
1eb27e2572c2c6b5205f805d0329b4a3.jpg

This is how it looks on mine

Upvote 0
I have not read all of the comments so this may be posted already - but I found the feature that you can change in the camera settings so you can touch anywhere in the frame to snap pic or just say smile and it snaps :)

We learn something new all the time on these phones. Also long hold the mic in the text app and you get dozens of smileys etc.

Upvote 0
I thought I knew 'em all, but perhaps not.

Not sure if this has been posted, apologies if it has.

Say you make a folder in your app drawer and no longer want it. Tapping and holding it only gives the option at the top of the screen to cancel. To delete it, in the app drawer screen with the folder you want to remove tap menu then edit, now drag and drop the unwanted folder to the bin.

This was driving me nuts. I almost Googled it, before working it out myself.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones