• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 5 vs 6 Edge+ help

I'd recommend not pre-ordering for two reasons:

A totally different look & feel-in-hand.
I've read where some grab the S6 EDGE/EDGE+ & instincly want to flip the phone to where the curves fit the hand.
Not exactly a desired result,as the display would be facing away from you.
Perhaps muscle memory/acclimation to the new feel-in-hand would come eventually,but,that's kinda messed-up.
I'd pass on the S6 EDGE+ for this year,see if they get it right next year,w/the curved edges on the correct side,as with the NOTE5 & other similarly contoured phones.

As for the NOTE5,again,I wouldn't pre-order,same-same,a different look & feel-in-hand,may not be to your liking (contours/slipperiness/etc...)
Sure,you can return either handset for a refund,but,you'll get stuck w/a restocking fee,just for the priviledge of trying out the phone(s) a few days earlier than the general public.

As for the lack of removable battery/no SD Card slot,no I-R Blaster,that's up to you if these are a deal breaker or not.

FWIW,I'm actually torn on trying one out,having the abovementioned features stripped-out is a bummer,but,I switch phones all the time.No demos in my area,I'll have to wait until 8/21 to get an up-close look........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones