1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 9 issue after weekly restart

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IamNegan, May 1, 2020.

1. IamNegan

IamNegan Lurker

Hi,

I just performed my weekly restart of my note 9, and now every minute or so I'm getting a message on the bottom of the screen saying "restart the application". It fades away after a few seconds and doesn't interfere with any actions, but I can already see this is going to be a huge annoyance! I've tried rebooting again, but it doesn't help, and obviously I have no idea what app I'm supposed to be restarting. Has anyone else has this issue or ideas for a fix? Thanks!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by IamNegan, May 2, 2020 (4 points)
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

What application are you running when you see this toast message?

Or does it pop up randomly with any app you are using?

I have only seen such a message if I am using a memory intensive app, and something running in the background stops due to the system shutting it down to distribute memory to the new app.

Example (from a 1GB device that I have):
    I use a firewall app that runs all the time.
    If I start a game called Narcos: Cartel Wars, it will often make the system close the firewall app.

This will cause a similar message to appear, because the firewall is designed to run constantly, yet the system has closed it.

Do you have any user apps that are supposed to run constantly- that could be getting shut down while using other apps?

IamNegan and ocnbrze like this.
  4. IamNegan

IamNegan Lurker

I finally fixed it very early this morning...turns out it was caused by me turning off an overlay for a custom navigation bar app yesterday. I needed to turn off an overlay due to a Chrome issue I was having where I was unable to select an answer to a permissions request - I was in a hurry so I turned off all overlays and didn't get around to debugging it properly lol! Thanks anyway for attempting to assist!

ocnbrze and puppykickr like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews