• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification area take up half of car screen

I think this is what Android Auto does when using Maps for navigation: it puts up a big green box telling you what road you are on that fills a large part of the screen.

I encountered this last week, tried to find a way of getting rid of it, but the only promising looking result was some YouTube video and I wasn't going to spend 5 minutes watching a video to get 20 words of information, so don't know whether it actually had an answer or not.

However, I'm afraid we can't fix this for you. This is a discussion forum for android users: we're not Google, and we cannot implement changes in Google's apps. You could try complaining to Google about this poor design: they are not noted for listening to their users, but you never know...

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones