• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification help!

Here's my list of apps installed:
Cardio Calc
Astrid
CardioTrainer
Google Sky Map
OI File Manager
RockOn
Pandora
Rings Extended
Skyscape
SportsTap
TasKiller
WeatherBUg
This just started in the last few days! My last few programs are CardioTrainer, Astrid and Rings Extended.
Jeff
PS: Just deleted Rings Extended, RockOn, OI FIle Manager and Astrid.

Upvote 0
Not a whole lot of similarities, so its unlikely an app. Here are my installed apps

astro
better keyboard
bonsai blast
chain explosion
xmas snow globe
Fake a Call
gensoid
google sky map
kids paint
light racer
nesoid
picsay
printer share
ring droid
robo defense
shazam
shop savvy
spoof app
tv.com
weather bug
where

So it looks like sky map, and weather bug are the only possibilities, but these apps are so popular that other people would surely be having this same issue.

Here are my widgets

Beautiful widgets:
Flip clock
weather
vibrate
gps
wifi
silent

You Tube
Music widget
Picture Frame
battery life

Upvote 0
I've been SORTA having the same problem -- mine stopped vibrating (I like the vibrate and tone so that I can turn the ringer down really low when I'm at work). I thought it happened when I installed Locale, but I uninstalled it and that didn't fix it. The only app I have that you guys also have is Weather Bug.

Wasn't there a Weather Bug update a couple of days ago? Did you both get that? Hehe. I agree though, I doubt that would be what's causing it.

Upvote 0
Okay, I got the new phone and it is doing the same thing. I do think I know what is causing the problem. I have a few phone numbers in my contact list that I have set to go straight to voicemail. It seems the notification sounds turn off after I get a call from ONE of the numbers. The others are okay. I then make a phone call of my own, and viola....sounds come back. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. no vibrate. I am hesitant to exchange phone if this could be fixed in software.

Has anyone else exchanged their phone to find they have the same problems? I also have had my phone lock up a few times this week.

Push the power button to turn the screen on and the four buttons at the bottom light up but not the screen. Have to pull the battery to get it back alive.

Probably heading to Verizon store this afternoon.

Upvote 0
I have had this randomly as well, switching to silent then back to sound on fixes it but I don't know the cause. I don't have any callers set to go straight to VM and I swapped my phone once because of another issue and the replacement does it as well. I have noticed it about 5 times in my 1st week with the Droid.

Upvote 0
I was on the Motorola site forum and someone suggested getting Ring Toggle from the market.

I got the app and everything works great now.
I can't believe this worked! My G1 just stopped vibrating on text and Gmail alerts a few weeks ago and I couldn't figure it out. It was still vibrating on startup and when I received a call, and a reboot and/or battery pull didn't fix it. But I installed that app, checked "ring and vibrate" and my alerts vibrate again. Bizarre, but awesome!

Upvote 0
On my previous phones, whenever I would get a text message, missed call, voice-mail, etc... my phone would continue to remind me until I cleared it (chime every few minutes). With this phone, it seems that I get a one-time notification and that's it.

Yesterday, I left my desk for a few minutes and left my phone behind. During the time I was gone, I missed a text message. Two hours later, I saw the visual notification sitting there when I picked up my phone to check something else.

Is there a setting for this... or maybe I should change my notification ringtone from the Droid default?

Upvote 0
On my previous phones, whenever I would get a text message, missed call, voice-mail, etc... my phone would continue to remind me until I cleared it (chime every few minutes). With this phone, it seems that I get a one-time notification and that's it.

Yesterday, I left my desk for a few minutes and left my phone behind. During the time I was gone, I missed a text message. Two hours later, I saw the visual notification sitting there when I picked up my phone to check something else.

Is there a setting for this... or maybe I should change my notification ringtone from the Droid default?

Get Handcent app. You can set your ringtones and reminder intervals.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones