• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification sound during phone calls

omkid15

Nov 1, 2011
im sure everyone has noticed that the notification sound/vibrate is played during a phone call when you receive a text or email which is very annoying for me and whoever im talking to. is there anyway to make this stop using the default sms app??
all the other answers i found dont apply for the s2 and the rest say to switch to another sms app which i dont want to do.
any other ideas?

After setting that option, I was still getting loud vibrations in call due to SMS Popup alerts or GMail alerts. I didn't want to shut vibration off in these apps, only in calls. I tried this app, so far it seems to work.

Kill the Duck
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.emthree.KillTheDuck

I do miss the subtle beep in call that my old HTC Aria gave me when a message or email came in, hell, my decade old Nokia dumbphone did this also. Funny how new powerfull phones sometimes lack simple functionality that has been around for ever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones