• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification sound when phone wakes from sleep

losttherace

Jun 24, 2011
This is a new unlocked, bought directly from HTC, 10 that was working like a charm until two weeks ago when I would hit the power button to wake the screen and a notification sound would blare from the speakers. It does it every time now. I just upgraded tonight to Nougat and I still have the problem. I've checked all settings at least 15 times and there is nothing checked that shouldn't be, such as 'screen lock sounds' 'tap sounds' etc. Nothing. If I hit the power button in the theater, I'm sure I'll have 300 pairs of eyes glaring at me.

Anyone encounter this situation or have any ideas?

On the bizarre is often the cause idea, it started (I think) after I used a bluetooth speaker to play music at night. Now the BT is off on speaker and phone and the speaker is off and in its box, so I don't think that has anything to do with it, but stranger things may have happened.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones