• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications Application

Dave L

Apr 30, 2010
Thailand
Hi,

I have read a few posts regarding setting tones for different applications. It seems there little available for this.

I have set my ringtone, easy enough. Then notifications.... well I set a 'you have a text' MP3 tone for this. But now, when I plug my usb into the phone it tells me I have a text :D:D

A neat application would be one where you could select the individual notifications and apply it's own tone.

How would you go about asking for an application like this to be developed?

Thanks.

Every app has it's own settings for notifications, so you can do that with not extra apps.

As for the notification that you've set, it's the default one. That one is used if the app does not have a notification setting or if you don't set it.

Thanks for the info.
I looked further and did indeed find how to set notification tones in some of the applications.

Anyone know where to set the notification tone thats heard when you plug the usb cable in ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones