• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications Question

ColonelPanic

Feb 17, 2010
Here goes going to burn another stupid question point. I want to have different notifications for email, gmail , and text.

So far I cannot find a setting specifically for mail. It will only play the default notification. Is there a setting to change it just for email ? Or does it always use the global setting.

I can set it for txt and gmail so i can accomplish my goal that way. I just wondered if there is a setting i am missing. Read the whole manual.

Here goes going to burn another stupid question point. I want to have different notifications for email, gmail , and text.

Well, in gmail you can go into settings, select ringtone and select whichever sound you wish. You can do the same in the messages app - menu, settings, select sound. The mail app doesn't seem to have a setting, but uses the default sound, but obviously if you make the messaging and gmail apps use something different from default, you'll be all set. You really don't need a third party app for that.

I actually do not use notifications for mail, but I have gmail set to the same sound that mail.app uses on my Mac (it just makes it easy for me to distinguish when new mail arrives, no matter which system I am on), and I have messaging set to something other than my default (it turns out to be the same as I used on my old WM phone.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones