• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications

Hi,

I've been looking around on the net for an answer to what i consider a rather basic question. On my desire I have a mp3 set as my notification ringtone so that I can check my email as soon as it is received. The problem is that the mp3 rings out for a couple of minutes which can be really annoying if my phones locked in my pocket.

I have been trying to find a way that I can silence a notification without having to unlock the phone, put in my password and then open the notification bar. Is there a way to have the phone mute the notification ring tone if i move the phone or something like that?

Since I couldn't find the answer to my problem I thought I'd give you guys a go as I have found answers to a lot of my questions already posted on the forums.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
UserFriendly

Android Version: 2.2
Network: Telstra Next G (Australia)
Task killer Used?: No
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: Not rooted. Stock telstra 2.2 rom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones