• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova Launcher vs. Go Launcher

Recently, I switched from Go to Nova. I needed a change and after looking around a bit, I decided to go with Nova. Shortly after I downloaded it, I found that my battery was draining quite a bit more than usual. I went from about 1-2 charges a day to 4 or 5 charges a day (My work requires me to use my phone... A LOT!).

Has anybody else had a problem with nova discharging their battery quite a bit?
I recall some time ago, that there were suggestions to remove widgets which use data from other home screens, since running multiple could have adverse affects on battery.

I'm not sure how true this is, since I never see two launchers loaded into memory at once, but removing data-using widgets from the unused home screen may be worth looking into. At the very least, it can't hurt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones