• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova launcher

It's a lot more flexible than the default Pixel launcher. I've been using Nova as my primary launcher since 2013, and with the Pixel 2 the default launcher lasted about 3 minutes (long enough to discover that I couldn't move or remove that search bar, couldn't move the at-a-glance widget, and I didn't even bother checking what else the default launcher wouldn't let me do).

Upvote 0
It really comes down to preference. Lots of users prefer the customization offered by a third-party launcher like Nova Launcher or Action Launcher.

As a long-time Action Launcher user, though, I'm still using the stock Pixel launcher on my Pixel 2.

Give a few launchers a try (they pretty much all have a free option) and see what works best for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones