• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nox Security

It is built in my Samsung Tablet, and it works pretty well and protects you from all those wireless stealers down to your cell, I have tested my tablet with several wifi throughout a billion processes too even traveling through the country of USA a lot, too, and maximized the utilazions of a million apps downloaded.

Even when you have your device shut off completely it protects it even when the machine's are closed up.

Knox is the security on Samsung phones and tablets, it's baked into the firmware and hardware.

Was your Blu phone made by Samsung?

"Nox Security" is a Play Store app and has nothing to do with Samsung Knox, which as said is only a preinstalled app on Samsung devices.

If Nox came already installed on the Blu phone as a system app you may not be able to remove it unless it has an Uninstall option in the app settings. If it was installed separately from the Play store it should be removable. Either way as with most third-party "security" or "antivirus" apps it's of little use and could actually be malware itself (as some so-called security apps have turned out to be) so you can absolutely remove it if the option is there.

I like Fox Mulder's answer best, but I am glad for all of them. The Blu is not Samsung, just a cheap government phone with not much storage and probably no room for SD. The Nox name is probably to rip off Samsung and they're probably ripping off Fort Knox. Isn't Samsung's Knox the one that's supposed to mess with people's ability to root? I think it voids the warranty if they do. Nox Security just keeps stopping anyway and it's eating up more than 90 mb.

Upvote 0
Isn't Samsung's Knox the one that's supposed to mess with people's ability to root? I think it voids the warranty if they do.
You can root a phone with Knox (US Samsungs with their encrypted bootloaders and no unlock option are harder, but that's not Knox). And yes, it will leave a permanent indication that the phone software has been fiddled with, which the carrier or manufacturer may use to withhold warranty support. But to be fair it's not the only way that they can tell, just that it's impossible to reset while other tells can be with more or less effort (though whether you are able to undo any indicator that you've modified the phone will depend on why you need to use the warranty...).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones