• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NTFS MicroSD Card?

dumbth

Aug 20, 2012
Will my sgp42 be able to read a microsd card formatted with windows ntfs? I dont expect it to be able to write or format to ntfs but often android is given a swizzle to be able to read one. Most likely this would be a 64gb sdxc, which in its native exfat format will cause sgp to insist doing a fat32 reformat. Thx

Thanks, but i guess i won't get another 64gb card to try. The reason many android systems are set up to read ntfs is so that tablets can host usb disk drives. Fat32 is not reliable enough for large storage sizes due to corruption from premature disconnect, and 64gb cards are close to what i consider too large to risk. My mac will not cleanly detach sdcards embedded in players for some reason, and even raises alarm if i turn off the the mac before unplugging. It does let me unmount the player itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones