• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

O2 Download Limit for Unlimited Internet

Yathushan

Jan 3, 2010
London
I am currently using a Samsung i7500. After 6 days of my monthly usage renewing I get a text message saying that I have used up my daily usage of internet. Now I understand that it should be fair and there is a limit however, after a week I couldn't have used up my usage already. I use APNdroid to disconnect it from the internet during the day. I only use it to update my apps and check email thats about it? What do you think is happening?

Thats such a lie. Because when I spoke to them they said that there was a limit. Meaning if you start downloading excessive apps or start to stream loads of clips. You will pass your limit in an instant. So I always use wi-fi or standard internet. The only time I use it is for sat nav.
Well there is a kinda informal limit. I think if you start doing ridiculous things like 5-10GB they slow your connection, but don't kill you off.

I'm gonna move to Tesco though, 1GB should be enough and I'll save a ton, plus as an added bonus I can use my o2 locked phone because Tesco are using o2's network.

Upvote 0
Well there is a kinda informal limit. I think if you start doing ridiculous things like 5-10GB they slow your connection, but don't kill you off.

I'm gonna move to Tesco though, 1GB should be enough and I'll save a ton, plus as an added bonus I can use my o2 locked phone because Tesco are using o2's network.

I thought Tesco's unlimited was 500MB?

Upvote 0
Thought I'd share my recent experience.

I'm on a SIM only contract with an unlimited internet bolt on, and this will continue past September, no plans to change this yet.

Unlimited means unlimited in that they won't actually limit you, but if you start using LOADS they may well have a word with you, warn you to reduce your usage, then restrict your usage if you continue. I think the only way you could really hit this usage level is if you use your phone tethered to your laptop and use that as a torrent server. I use my internet fairly heavily on my phone, even tethering it to my laptop when on the train etc, and I was suprised to hear I've never exceeded 500mb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones