• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

O2 Update this morning

UPdated last night thru WiFi. HAPpy days.however, my text input speed has gone to Hell. It 'sticks',as you might see from random capital letters atthe start there.

I HAve no idea what's causing thisbut its extremely annoying, since I do a huge amount of texting, emailing, forums and the like. IT'S like pulling teeth,and I have noclue. WHat the Hell's going on? IT'S ridiculous

Upvote 0
Oh and my security locks appear to have dropped off too,I cannot get the screen pattern to work at all now

I thought this too. With 2.1 you had to unlock the screen with your pretty pattern each time you turned it on, which was very frustrating if you'd only just turned it off and suddenly remembered something you forgot to do. With 2.2 the screen lock is timed as if you left the screen on. So if you turn the screen off, the lock won't activate until 2 minutes later (or whatever you have it set to).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones