• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OC/UC] ButterKAT Kernel for Stock 4.4.4 [KitKat]

Hello all. Tried to use this on my zmax z970 with butternoob v2'. Seemed to be working amazingly at first. Then when I got a call my headset and mic wouldn't work every now and then. But it was butternoob. So flashed back to stock 4.4.4 and then tried the kernel again, and the only thing that wouldn't work was my wifi. Wouldn't turn on at all. Please help; need oc.

Upvote 0
Hello all. Tried to use this on my zmax z970 with butternoob v2'. Seemed to be working amazingly at first. Then when I got a call my headset and mic wouldn't work every now and then. But it was butternoob. So flashed back to stock 4.4.4 and then tried the kernel again, and the only thing that wouldn't work was my wifi. Wouldn't turn on at all. Please help; need oc.
sounds like wrong modem. flash correct modem.

Upvote 0
Hey can I modify stock Rom's build prop to allow a lower minimum cup frequency. I have stock kernel

i'm no dev, but i think this has to be built into kernel. whatever available parameters you see in kernel aduitor are what you get
That is correct. In order to raise the maximum or lower the minimum frequency you have to re compile the kernel. If you want to use the kernel in this thread you could always flash the b06 stock rooted ROM hroark13 posted last year, and then flash this kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones