• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OC without Root?

Okay I have rom manager,I dl bugless beast v.1 and it runs its ccourse and reboots, but in still can't oc the cpu over 550..I don't even see any bugless icon or anything, do I have to boot/flash via sprecovery methhhod? I just need the kernel to allow me to oc...now tho when I hold x to reboot I don't get the sprecovery screen for some reason

Im not to familiar with Rom manager but i believe it makes u flash clock work recovery which is different than SPRecovery. In my opinion clockwork is better, biggest difference is that clockwork doesnt require u to rename the file to update zip. So, go into recovery, then choose install from sd card, then choose pick zip file then find the kernal u dl'd then install it. No need to rename to update zip.

Upvote 0
WoW i FINALLY got it to run, but all in all, it was a very easy process...once i got everything to run and where to find everything, i will post a VERY NOOB friendly step by step quick reference on the first page of this post, maybe one of you guys can put it in one of the stickies lol

Upvote 0
WoW i FINALLY got it to run, but all in all, it was a very easy process...once i got everything to run and where to find everything, i will post a VERY NOOB friendly step by step quick reference on the first page of this post, maybe one of you guys can put it in one of the stickies lol

Great to hear that. I was a total noob as well and still felt intimidated reading the Guide in the root forum. Droidreview's root through RSD video was really helpful though.

How are you liking your OC'd droid? Are you using BB v1? Its the first ROM I loaded and I can't find any others that work as well.

Upvote 0
Great to hear that. I was a total noob as well and still felt intimidated reading the Guide in the root forum. Droidreview's root through RSD video was really helpful though.

How are you liking your OC'd droid? Are you using BB v1? Its the first ROM I loaded and I can't find any others that work as well.

I'm loving it, the gallery loads super quick now, i got probably over 1500 pics lol it was hard at first, i found that not knowing the terminology is what threw me off, like "flashing", .<files>,those were the things that were like named different..can't explain it lol

yes i am using BBv1 as well, the 1100Mz. Right now im running it pretty aggressively, 1100MAX and 750Minimum.. but i might drop the minimum down to 250MHz, being that, when im on the phone or using it, i am very aggressive, often browsing, dling, txting or whatnot, but if its my pocket, it should be ok at 250MHz, thats what it is at stock mins so sounds good.

Upvote 0
I'm loving it, the gallery loads super quick now, i got probably over 1500 pics lol it was hard at first, i found that not knowing the terminology is what threw me off, like "flashing", .<files>,those were the things that were like named different..can't explain it lol

yes i am using BBv1 as well, the 1100Mz. Right now im running it pretty aggressively, 1100MAX and 750Minimum.. but i might drop the minimum down to 250MHz, being that, when im on the phone or using it, i am very aggressive, often browsing, dling, txting or whatnot, but if its my pocket, it should be ok at 250MHz, thats what it is at stock mins so sounds good.

Just watch the heat and battery life. But I'm glad you were successful.

Upvote 0
You can try flashing this one:
http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/ESE81/OEM/ESE81UPDATE.zip

Again, i am a total noob myself, i did this probably the most ass backwards way possible, because i can't remember how i was able to retain Superuser permissions, but i do remember it was after this update...

Then i ran RSDlite again to do the whole SPRecovery thing, after which i SPRecovery installed this one:
http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/ESE81/KERNEL/BEKIT7X1100SV.zip

Again, i am no expert at all, i am merely letting you know how i *think* i got my Droid running...

I HIGHLY recommend re-reading this entire thread, and apply which phase you are on to your dilemna...thats exactly how i got mine to work..

It's tough, but im pretty confident though how to root and do things on my droid...

I have a separate question though for the form gurus:

When update 2.2 rolls out ( apparently before )
How do we "update" our rooted phones to gain those new features???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones