• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Oddly, home screen button now asks for which launcher I want to use

NeoteriX

Android Expert
May 13, 2010
For all of us using SenseUI, hitting the home screen button will bring us... home, for lack of a better word.

However, recently, hitting the home screen button brings up a dialog asking whether I want to use SenseUI or the stock Android launcher. I'm aware this normally happens if you go into applications and clear the defaults for SenseUI.

However, I haven't done this. Moreover, even when I tell it to "save" the default for SenseUI when the dialog comes up, it seems to "forget" it after some time and asks for it again.

Thoughts?

A little background please - did you previously install the Qik update? Thus, is the Qik update suspect?
Yes, I did, and I have since confirmed that the Qik update is the culprit. Someone in the linked thread discovered that using the long hold on the Home key to bring up the recent 6 apps is what triggers the behavior. Sure enough, when Qik is installed, bringing up the 6 recent apps causes the home launcher to bug out. When uninstalled, that no longer happens.

Unbelievable. Worse yet, even if you uninstall Qik, the Market will constantly nag you to upgrade since the original Qik is embedded into the Evo ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones