• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

official 2.2 is out OTA now in UK

Make a Gold Card
Install the Official HTC WWE_1.21.405.2 Rom
Update
Done

I've just done exactly that but it still doesn't offer the update when manually checking. Have I missed something?

Phone isn't rooted, update was successful. Was previously on virgin mobile firmware v1.15.405.

Any help would be much appreciated as after searching i'm baffled by the sheer number of threads and conflicting info!

Upvote 0
My Desire is on t-mobile UK
Firmware - 2.1-Update 1
Kernel - 2.6.29-3cb3dfbf
Build number - 1.15.110.11 CL155070
Software number - 1.15.110.11

Am I likely to get an update?

I am also with T-Mobile.

Unless I am mistaken, this is the basic process.

The update is released to T-Mobile.

They check it over, and add whatever they wish to it.

It's then released to us.

Upvote 0
I am also with T-Mobile.

Unless I am mistaken, this is the basic process.

The update is released to T-Mobile.

They check it over, and add whatever they wish to it.

It's then released to us.

It's all the bloatware I am worried about......

Just a Standard HTC Desire rom would be lovely no defaulting to t-mobile website when i go on web and t-mobile startups
(not that i have any problem with t-mobile)

Upvote 0
It's all the bloatware I am worried about......

Just a Standard HTC Desire rom would be lovely no defaulting to t-mobile website when i go on web and t-mobile startups
(not that i have any problem with t-mobile)

I know what you mean, mate.

Whilst the bloatware T-Mobile put on the phone is unfortunate, I always think myself extremely lucky that I'm not an Orange customer! :D

The odd T-Mobile program and changing of the homepage to the T-Mobile page is more of an inconvenience than anything else.

Upvote 0
my desire bought from the UK and am now in India. got a notification abt a 90mb update for download. tried. first it got stuck at 2% sayin thr no space in memory card eventhough it had 2.5gb free. so i restarted it again and downloading second time goin now 6%, without any stops. hope is works out complete.

nope the second time also, its the same. showing less space in memory card. but actually 2.4 gb is free in the card. does it need a 32gb card or wat?? its so weird

Upvote 0
Just installed - browsers dont work. Like the 'update all' offering instead of having to update each app manually.

Just installing the Dolphin HD update - hope that fixes the browser probs. - yup it did :)

Lost all my vodafone apns though grrr. A lot of stuff has been set back to standard grrr

Upvote 0
my desire bought from the UK and am now in India. got a notification abt a 90mb update for download. tried. first it got stuck at 2% sayin thr no space in memory card eventhough it had 2.5gb free. so i restarted it again and downloading second time goin now 6%, without any stops. hope is works out complete.

nope the second time also, its the same. showing less space in memory card. but actually 2.4 gb is free in the card. does it need a 32gb card or wat?? its so weird

I also got Unlocked from UK and in India currently. I got it updated smoothly. Make sure your MicroSD card has pace.

Upvote 0
I'm glad I rooted, and installed a custom ROM now. Looking at the board, the official update has caused people no end of trouble.

Mines running so much faster, and no fluff installed to slow it down.

I will re-iterate this. A forum will always be filled with people complaining about problems, because that's why 95% of people come onto a forum - To get help with something that has gone wrong. It is NOT in any way proportional to the actual number of people having problems with the update.

Upvote 0
I meant space. How much free space you have?

phone memory had around 15mb free and memory card around 2.5gb free. i have cleared up few things and the phone memory is now 60mb free. reinserted the sd card once. will try downloading froyo once again and see the result.

oops no luck. the downloading went complete. but no notification once complete. but the 90mb file is thr inside sd card-download folder when i checked thru astro file manager.
should i just try finding a file inside thr to initiate the update?? is it normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones