• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker finally entering the light.

I have loved following this thread for the last two months. Thanks to the Mods for their great work keeping us all sane. as if that is possible.

I have silently fist pumped the highs and shed some tears over the lows. My wife thinks I am nuts. She may be right. I mean it is only a phone.

I have been suffering with a 2 year old droid eris that only reboots two or three times a day and can't hardly play my tunes when I'm at the gym. I'm sorry but I need tunes at the gym.

If the Nexus isn't released by this Friday I'm afraid that I will have to go the way of the Rezound short term rental program. Might not be too bad since the Vigor(Rezound) was my initial choice until I found (insert sounds of harps playing) "the Nexus".

Thanks and I will try to share my thoughts when warranted.

Welcome out of hiding!

Upvote 0
Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker finally entering the light.

I have loved following this thread for the last two months. Thanks to the Mods for their great work keeping us all sane. as if that is possible.

I have silently fist pumped the highs and shed some tears over the lows. My wife thinks I am nuts. She may be right. I mean it is only a phone.

I have been suffering with a 2 year old droid eris that only reboots two or three times a day and can't hardly play my tunes when I'm at the gym. I'm sorry but I need tunes at the gym.

If the Nexus isn't released by this Friday I'm afraid that I will have to go the way of the Rezound short term rental program. Might not be too bad since the Vigor(Rezound) was my initial choice until I found (insert sounds of harps playing) "the Nexus".

Thanks and I will try to share my thoughts when warranted.
I'm in the same boat as you, except I have a Windows Mobile 6.5 Omnia II. I NEED an Android, and I may have to go with a Rezound if the Galaxy Nexus isn't released soon.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Kegan from Verizon Wireless office of the president. We bwgan with a cordial conversation about the Gnex. He said hes excited as well and cant wait for ICS. I asked if he could tell me when we could expect the Galaxy Nexus. He said unfortunately no. The upper execs are keeping that information tight lipped right now. I explained that with the Christmas season approaching, I would like to make plans and save the right amount to purchase it when it comes out. I asked if he could tell me the price point for the phone. Again he said that is not being released but it will be in line with the pricing of current smartphones on sale at Verizon now. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked again about the date only to be shot down again. I stared to hang up when he stopped me and said he noticed that I was due for a $50 discount on my next phone and that he wanted to give me an additional $50 off the Nexus when it comes out. He was making a note on my account and he said that he would call me back as soon as he heard anything. I laughed and said "so I'll know before most everyone else" and he laughed and said I will know when he knows.

All I got.

Upvote 0
I hope supply is not a problem because I'm test driving a Razr tonight. I just can't deal with having a dumb-phone anymore...and it won't charge. I do hope the phone is released soon, but i won't be able to jump online and order it...I'll have to go in store, return the Razr (if I decide the Gnex is better), and purchase the new phone (plus $35). It all seems smart to me.

Am I missing anything?

Upvote 0
Off topic...

Classic?! I remember riding it when it was BRAND NEW! LOL....

I believe that is the critter though. Still a blast to ride, and lines are usually really short!

On topic...

...aah I got nothing. Spent. Just release the damn phone already!!! :D

It is. Id recognize anything from Cedar Point in my sleep even! :p

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Kegan from Verizon Wireless office of the president. We bwgan with a cordial conversation about the Gnex. He said hes excited as well and cant wait for ICS. I asked if he could tell me when we could expect the Galaxy Nexus. He said unfortunately no. The upper execs are keeping that information tight lipped right now. I explained that with the Christmas season approaching, I would like to make plans and save the right amount to purchase it when it comes out. I asked if he could tell me the price point for the phone. Again he said that is not being released but it will be in line with the pricing of current smartphones on sale at Verizon now. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked again about the date only to be shot down again. I stared to hang up when he stopped me and said he noticed that I was due for a $50 discount on my next phone and that he wanted to give me an additional $50 off the Nexus when it comes out. He was making a note on my account and he said that he would call me back as soon as he heard anything. I laughed and said "so I'll know before most everyone else" and he laughed and said I will know when he knows.

All I got.

Thanks for making the call!:D

Upvote 0
Ok, that almost made me LOL in this meeting...I think it's probably unwise for me to follow this thread in meetings. People probably see me grinning, then scowling over and over and wonder what the heck is going on with me. :p

I am pretty sure my co-workers think that my head is not screwed on tightly... due to the occassional outburst of laughter! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones