• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with this, The Verge would NOT post something they're not 100% certain on I think. And as Antimony said a few posts ago, every test device thus far has had 32 GB.

I must be missing something. Every device I've seen in videos so far were not LTE phones, and I haven't seen any actual video of them showing the Storage section showing 32GB. Again, I'd LOVE to be wrong, but typed up specs on review sites mean little to me as proof of anything. :(

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, if/when this thing DOES go on sale next week (before Black Friday), do you think Verizon will slash the price on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? They discounted the RAZR by a TON ($299 down to $111.11 for the special occasion)... it's not entirely out of the question.
And if they do slash the price after initial launch, will us SUPER early adopters be reimbursed the difference? (I would hope so!)

Verizon didn't discount it, Amazon did, but only for new customers - which I still think was a major rip. I would have gladly burned an upgrade at that price.

And, HELL NO, they will not reimburse you the difference. That's part of the excitement of living on the bleeding edge.

Upvote 0
BF is exactly why it won't be released by then. BF is for bargains. The GN is not a bargain. You may see some nice RAZR discounts, though. This week will be about unloading RAZRs

OTOH, they could use their "Deals" to get people in the door on BF, then, show them these 3 new cutting edge devices that are better than the $0.99 phone that they advertised.

Of course, that will help them with the RAZR/Rezound regardless, but, it's a reason to do BF deals. Usually, the "great" deals are selling things just barely over cost, they make $$ by having more people in the store and selling the stuff that isn't discounted like crazy.

Upvote 0
Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Verizon didn't discount it, Amazon did, but only for new customers - which I still think was a major rip. I would have gladly burned an upgrade at that price.

And, HELL NO, they will not reimburse you the difference. That's part of the excitement of living on the bleeding edge.

Ugh, that's pretty infuriating. I shouldn't have to be punished for being one of the first people to buy their phone!

Upvote 0
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing...

Although I still think there's some technical issues behind it, training, etc.

I thought training already began and promo materials/accessories have already shown up? They're basically set to launch at this point... at least that's what I'm making of the situation.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Unlocked 32GB GSM HSPA+ Android 4.0 ICS | eBay

Yes, it's GSM, but, obviously 32gb Galaxy's are not unicorns

Went cheap too.... $599?

EDIT: N/M

This is a preorder of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB.
Payment is expected after the auction ends to reserve your preorder spot.
This item will be shipped as soon as it is launched.
Google has announced that it will launch in November, but an exact date was not announced.
You will be updated with tracking information as soon as your item has shipped.
This unlocked version will work with any GSM network such as AT&T, but it will not work with CDMA networks such as Verizon.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else refreshing this thread every 5 seconds, leaving just enough time to read the latest post? It's impossible for me to keep up with it if I don't lol :p

It was really bad earlier today. I would look. Go away for an half hour. Come back and 2 or 3 more pages were added.

It was almost impossible to keep up. I know I couldn't LOL

Right now it is pretty slow.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. Although now that the UK specs show 16/32 and US only shows 16GB, it doesn't help the case. There could now be unicorns in UK only.

If anyone is willing to buy hardware from a company that let a HUGE typo like that sit on a marketing page they put up, for that long.....

and then....spread the mistake to the corners of the earth in press releases....

well, then.....

(in the interest of not being whacked upside th head by a mod)

they are silly poopy heads.

You calling me a silly poopy head?
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones