• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Then there's the ICS tour video, where the phone appears to HAVE at least a metal band around the sides:

Nexus Prime first video - Gadget.ro - YouTube

@NashDroid: For the record, I think you did a great job fixing the upside-down image. It had bugged me for a long time, and now it looks a lot better. Thanks :)

You bet buddy. It had been bugging me a lot to for a few days now. haha Since no one else fixed it, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Upvote 0
The_Chief do you see what I'm talking about? The profile pic doesn't match up with the video. The video may be the GSM version but it certainly does not look like the image in the Google video.

To me at least.......maybe I'm just as nuts as Vandyman. Well not just as, maybe slightly crazy, nobody is THAT crazy.
I gave up.:(

Upvote 0
found the render with the screenshot of ics on it.

1Kk75.jpg

:cool:

Nice find! Where did you find it? That one was done by the original artist who rendered it in the first place. I'm tempted to do a render of my own now. Think I will. I'll use the Galaxy SII HD as the framework. Be back shortly. ;)

By the way, I did a lot of rendering in the old Incredible thread a couple years ago. Not sure if anyone remembers or not. Good times.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe the framework should actually be based on the regular Galaxy SII, after seeing that screen diagram earlier. What's everyone's thoughts?

Upvote 0
Nice find! Where did you find it? That one was done by the original artist who rendered it in the first place. I'm tempted to do a render of my own now. Think I will. I'll use the Galaxy SII HD as the framework. Be back shortly. ;)

By the way, I did a lot of rendering in the old Incredible thread a couple years ago. Not sure if anyone remembers or not. Good times.

I do! (Do I get a prize for remembering?) ;)

Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0

Hell yeah, the Dinc rendering was almost exact to what the final product was. I would trust you to put out similar accuracy with the Prime.

Has anyone come up with a good negative for the curved screen? The only thing I can think of is that it would make any level apps useless :)

Upvote 0
The_Chief do you see what I'm talking about? The profile pic doesn't match up with the video. The video may be the GSM version but it certainly does not look like the image in the Google video.

To me at least.......maybe I'm just as nuts as Vandyman. Well not just as, maybe slightly crazy, nobody is THAT crazy.

There is really NO TELLING what the heck we're looking at. And to honest: we're likely not going to know what the final Verizon phone looks like until the reveal, and maybe even the release. I'm not sure I would even give credence to our "insiders", because there's no way to know what version THEY'VE seen.

The speculation continues...

Upvote 0
Yes, you just passed your alzheimer's test. :p

Gee thanks? ;)

Yes, you definitely do. haha

Steven, could you delete that multiple post for me. My network slowed down and did something weird on me.

Done!

Steve, can you fix the Promo unpacking video on your first post near the bottom PLEASE.:thinking:

I'll look at it but don't know what's wrong with it.

Edit: Nm.. they pulled the video, so I did too. Thank you for the help! :D

Upvote 0
Reactions: BLD
Upvote 0
Good grief... I'm out of it for a little while and you guys have already gone through 150 posts since I left? :eek:

OH BY THE WAY: for those of you keeping score (I have little better to do), we went from post 4000 to post 5000 in a mere 53 hours! If we keep up this exponential rate of posts, I'm not sure what's gonna meltdown first: the Android Forums or Steven58's brain!

An updated chart to reflect that:

Graph2%20%28Nexus%20Prime%20posts%29.jpg

On topic, I cannot wait for this phone. Unlike many others, I have had 0 problems with my Thunderbolt. But...I want a slimmer phone, and the specs do not hurt. Also, a mainline CM distribution would be nice.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones