• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I have not ever bad mouthed anyone on this forum.
But every other day it is something different that has not paned out.
What if I told you that my aunt works for VZW corporate and she said that it would be released on 12/1, but she was not sure. Would you believe me?

Don't have any reason not to believe you. So, sure!

Upvote 0
lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala.jpg

Upvote 0
That letter will do nothing, nothing at all. They don't care one damn bit if you cancel your plan, as you're doing that thousands of more people are signing up at the same time.

In todays N Y POST There is an article that Verizon inflated their numbers on pre paid cell phones. CEO Lowell McAdam and Chairman Ivan Seideberg are named in the suit. Did anyone send those guys E Mail yet?

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
To change the title of this thread based on every little piece of "insider sister piano teacher landlords texting dog" is a JOKE. It makes this thread less and less credible. Lets just keep the "Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread" as the title and leave all the other crap out of it because nothing has been right. The more times you cry wolf the less people listen.
I am not saying anyone should report any info they read or hear but we dont need a title change until we have something concrete.

Upvote 0
Peeps jumped down our throats for claiming Verizon was pushing the date back to separate competition, increase sales, and sell other phones first.. we were nutty conspiracy theorists if you will.

And this is why I never backed down from that statement ^^^ :D:D

Bugs.. lmao.

This same source said it was a bug lil over a week ago. ;)

Upvote 0
galaxy-nexus-december-8-650x217.jpg

8.5 days
U Gotta Believe

No, no I don't. I do, however, have to carry on with my day like I have every other day for the previous 30+ years of my life. No phone is going to greatly affect my life and so I find it difficult to get as worked up as some of the folks in here. I would love to have this piece of kit in my hands as much as you guys; but to feel offended, ripped off, cheated, lied to, and let down does no good in the grand scheme of things. No one here is going to force VZW's hand. No one here has any idea what is going on with the executives plans.

Those that are furious and fed up are furious and fed up because something untrue and/or unsubstantiated upset them. If Verizon pushes this back to a January or later release, then and only then will we have a legitimate argument.

Back to your regularly scheduled ranting; I both enjoy and detest watching this :)

Reactions: woodraskam
Upvote 0
For those looking to jump ship and buy the Rezound..... I did it and I wouldn't recommend it. Even with the huge extended battery (which as of last Weds. was $20 off) I can't get through 8 hours of usage. Of course I do a lot of WIFI streaming (google music, netflix and crackle) but even with the phone in sleep stage there is a lot of battery drain. Yes there are workarounds, but I can't always turn off this and that, sometimes I have to quickly put the phone down and switch tasks. The Beats headphones are cheap and the VZW rep advised that the HTC vendor didn't believe the headphones could withstand sweat (for those who workout). Also the Beats equalizer only works with the stock music player. The camera produces pics with a slightly bluish tint. Furthermore, I have had several incidents where a process got stuck. I am more than willing to take some blame for that as I had multiple things downloading HOWEVER I had to restart the device more than once to get the errors to clear. Additionally, I have had web pages freeze. Check the benchmark tests online and you will find that this phone is certainly NOT the fastest of the existing phones.
Most importantly for those of us who only buy new phones when its time for our upgrade, with the new upgrade policy this is at minimum a 20 month commitment. While VZW is being VZW is regards to releasing the Galaxy Nexus, that does not change the fact that its a great device and most of us are on this forum because after reading review after review..... after review we chose the Galaxy Nexus over the Bionic, Razr and Rezound. So why get something sub par that you'll be stuck with?
Food for thought.....

Upvote 0
My letter to Verizon Executives:

Good Afternoon _________,

I am writing to you today to express my disgust and dissatisfaction with the way your company is handling the release of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Back on October 21st, Verizon released a press statement with that promise that the Galaxy Nexus "will be available later this year in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com." The current information I have from a trusted source is that Verizon Executives are considering pushing the release date of this phone back until Quarter 1 of next year in order to "maximize" profits.
If this rumor is true, this is an outrage. You specifically said that the Nexus would be released THIS year, not next. There are many patient customers out there that are waiting for the Nexus. They will not be buying a RAZR. They will not be buying a Rezound; or any devices listed on your "websales". In fact, I along with many others, are considering dropping our plans with you and going to another carrier who has phones such as the Samsung Galaxy SII, another phone which Verizon passed on.

It is incredible how Europe has this phone already, Canada's carriers are readying an early December release and one of Japan's carriers just announced a December 2nd release for their version of the Galaxy Nexus. Are you going to make us believe that the phone is "still in testing"; because no one on the internet buys that excuse.

Another mind boggling facet in this whole debacle is that fact that Verizon has remained mute on the whole thing. Many of the Customer Service representatives I have spoken to act like the Galaxy Nexus does not even exist. It is pathetic and a testament to the lack of communication and preparedness of the employees in your company.

To reiterate, if Verizon is really looking to "maximize" their sales, release this phone quickly. If Verizon fails to do this, I will cancel my plan and I am positive many others who have been holding their breathes for months will as well.

I was considering sending something very similar to this. Can you PM me the email address of the individuals you sent this to so I can tastefully express my disgust in this situation as well? TIA

Upvote 0
I wonder what Google thinks about this GNex fiasco. If Google has made a commitment that the GNex will be the 1st device with ICS, that means any delay in the release of the GNex pushes out the release of any and all other devices that are slaterd to run ICS. That can't make the Google execs very happy, let alone the manufacturers of the other devices. Seems like VZW has a lot of other parties by the short hairs, and they can't be making any friends at this point.

:mad:

That is assuming it is a software issue. No reason why other devices can't move forward on to ICS.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with the manager of an AT&T store who is a really good friend of mine.

We were talking about the cluster...... that is VZW's release of the GNex. Long story short he called someone higher up and told them I may be bringing 4 lines from VZW.

If I buy an unlocked GNex and switch my lines to AT&T I can get unlimited Data for two of the lines. This offer is good for me until the end of January.

Your move Verizon

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones