• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can costco retain your unlimited data plan when signing a new contract?

Yes, it did for me. If you purchase a CostCo renewal online it may not show Unlimited as an option, but just choose 2GB or whatever is the $30 equivalent to keep your current plan and you should remain unlimited.

It would be wise to follow up afterward either online in your MyVerizon account or by calling a VZW customer service rep to make sure your Unlimited status is retained.

Reactions: CeeJayII
Upvote 0
Just a thought but everyone reporting on Radio Shack and Best Buy and other 3rd tier resellers...realize that sometimes they have to wait a few days after the official VZW launch to begin selling their devices...if we're hearing Radio Shack and others can't sell till 12/15 there's at least a glimmer of hope that big red will start selling 12/12...

Just being the optimist here!

Upvote 0
"No one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

I'm cool with that for real life. This is a phone. It's a product. I'm pretty sure the big guy has more things to think about. ;)

Perspective is one thing.. but this a consumer/product relation. Verizon knows the answer in this situation. Has nothing to do with religion. :p

Upvote 0
When all is said and done .. I would LOVE to know what went wrong with this launch. Cuz it certainly turned into a trainwreck.

Some exec somewhere got his panties in a bunch, that is for sure. Everyone in VZW is soooooo nervous and jerky right now. I walked into my vzw store (they know my love of android, well ... PLAIN android) and got looks and replies like I was trying to scale the Berlin wall. No phone, no nothin, no thoughts or comments .. move along please. Very different story from a few days ago; High fives, accessories, phones any second now, etc... etc. Crickets now. :thinking:

Was the Nexus crashing the razr / rezound party? Google wallet fiasco? bugs? LTE outage? Leaks piss someone off???

Someone high up got freaked out over something ... that is plain.

It would be interesting to have the real story someday.

anyway ..... back to the usual programming ....

I have thought those very things. Our minds have become one!

Hopefully someone will write a book: "The Screwing of the Pooch: How Verizon Botched Releasing The Nexus".

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
FWIW...was out shopping at BestBuy earlier and decided to stop by the mobile dept...and there was the unicorn...5 in all...boxed up and being taken to the back...they had literally just recieved 5 Galaxy Nexus's...just for giggles I asked if he could sell me one and said I doubt it but he checked anyways...he said their system said they could start selling on the 11th...which I said I doubt that too but ya never know...

On another note I stopped by the VZW reseller in my town and of course they have heard nothing...but they do have the phones in the store (4 in all) and let me play with one yesterday...they also let me put down a $200 deposit...

So now MY Galaxy Nexus is waiting for VZW to start the Launch Countdown!!!

I talked to them today, their holding 1 for me. I go in the morning to put my deposit down.

Upvote 0
I have thought those very things. Our minds have become one!

Hopefully someone will write a book: "The Screwing of the Pooch: How Verizon Botched Releasing The Nexus".

It would be at least the 4th in a series.

Book I: The Incredible
Book II: The Thunderbolt
Book III: The Bionic
Book IV: The Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: RichSz and scottg96
Upvote 0
Well...the Verizon store that I had the appointment set up for tomorrow morning just called me back to let me know the launch was delayed so they aren't selling the phone tomorrow. I asked if there was a chance things could change overnight, but he was pretty definitive telling me that if the phone was going to sell, it would've been communicated in their meeting today.

He didn't say much about a release date, only that Verizon communicated the delay but didn't give a reason or a revised date.

He did tell me, however, that I could still come in tomorrow to check out the working demo unit they have. I guess that's a little consolation, although it seems more like a bitter tease.

Upvote 0
Did that remind anybody else of that notorious scene in Fear?

Wait for it......
I HAVE SEEN IT!!!!!!

Already ripped 3 shots

Where's mine??!!!

Been following this thread for a long time now, but haven't had anything meaningful to contribute until now--and as it comes from a CSR, what I have to contribute might still not be considered meaningful, per se ;) but figured I'd post it anyway...
Just talked with a CSR at a corporate store a bit outside Chicago. I had called earlier in the week, and someone there "confirmed" it would be available for purchase on Friday. Needless to say, I wasn't holding my breath, after everything that's transpired over the last 24-48 hours, but I decided to call and check.

Me: I called earlier in the week, and someone there told me I'd be able to purchase a Galaxy Nexus in-store on Friday. I just wanted to confirm that I'll still be able to do that tomorrow?
Him: No, I'm sorry sir, but that's not happening anymore. We'll have it on the 12th.
Me: The 12th?
Him: Yeah, Monday, December 12th.

Now as I said earlier, this was just a CSR, so we can't put too much faith in it. But the way he said it...it gave me some confidence that he might know what he's talking about. He didn't miss a beat in the conversation. It was as if it was common knowledge that it was going to be out the 12th. No putting me on hold to check with a manager, no putting the phone down to check in the system, no stuttering. Just "We'll have it on the 12th." Flat-out.

Take that for what it's worth. :)

Welcome to the mad house. Here's hoping your rep was right.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
In case it wasn't posted yet... from Kellex "And speaking of the Nexus (because we know you need more rumors), heard a dozen times today that December 15 (next Thursday) has now been targeted (yes, ignore yesterday’s random 12/13 date). Will it happen then? Again, I wouldn’t put money on any launch date at this point after Friday was given the axe. If it does, you may also see the white RAZR along side it."

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
OT - Pittsburgh talk:

Same here, I have a pic with my brother (we were 5 and 6 at the time I believe) with the Stanley Cup when the won it back in the 90s. I'm going to need 3 tvs/monitors for tonight. One for the Steelers, another for Penguins, and another for MW3 and/or Skyrim. :)
Pens game on the laptop. Steelers game on the TV. Nexus talk on the Touchpad running cyanogenmod 7. I'm set.

Reactions: cole924
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones