• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called my local store at 7:45 tonight just to reaffirm that I could still pick up the Nexus tomorrow...He said we are good to go. I am pretty confident when I get there and start the activation process it won't allow him to activate or something.

I have been upfront that I heard it was delayed. I can't help but wonder if he knows and doesn't care or is he this bull headed and ignorant. He keeps saying no way will Verizon recall the launch this late in the game. :rolleyes:

How would you handle it, if you were in my situation?

I would try to get the phone. :cool:

Upvote 0
I was stuck on a priority stack queue / linked list array implementation for a java program for my final project, my buddy just helped me out though. Thanks dude, glad to see a fellow IT geek in here :)
What do u need help with? I have an associates in IT and my bachelors in Network Engineering.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
First-time caller...love the show

So today I stopped by an authorized Verizon retailer. Guy said that the phone would be arriving today or tomorrow. He didn't know when it could be sold.

I have a question for everybody:

He let me pre-order the phone. I paid for it, received a receipt and proof of purchase. I haven't read of many people pre-ordering the phone like this. Should I be worried that I got scammed somehow?

i am in the same boat. I have had my pre-order since Oct 27th!! :(

Reactions: Zarathustra78
Upvote 0
I played with the phone tonight, screen on with no sim inserted. Man this thing is light and smooth. For those who haven't seen it in person
IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.

its like holding a large screen that fits in your hand perfectly. I asked the rep at non corporate store if he would be willing to sell early. He replied sure Id probably lose my job though. Althought he did pull one out of the back and placed a sticky on it with my name and number on the box and said he would call as soon as they can sell them.

In case anyone is wondering about the box there is embossed verizon logos on there but can barely be seen.

Wanted to add... I put the demo unit in my pocket today... fit better than my fat stupid HTC Hero. Don't worry about it being too big. It is really a great size.

Upvote 0
Anyone watch Always Sunny?? Sometimes I feel like Verizon is like the gang on Always Sunny: they really try to do the right thing and have great plans, but all they end of doing is coming up with dumb ideas and making things worse for people.

A bit drastic, gets my frustration out on whatever Verizon's strategy is for the Nexus.

Upvote 0
First-time caller...love the show

So today I stopped by an authorized Verizon retailer. Guy said that the phone would be arriving today or tomorrow. He didn't know when it could be sold.

I have a question for everybody:

He let me pre-order the phone. I paid for it, received a receipt and proof of purchase. I haven't read of many people pre-ordering the phone like this. Should I be worried that I got scammed somehow?

Not necessarily...my local store that's had 4 devices in since wednesday let me put a $200 deposit on it...it may not be an official pre-order but as long as you got a receipt you should be good!

Reactions: Zarathustra78
Upvote 0
My Mind is in the gutter... but I LOL'd at that screen name... :rolleyes:

On Topic:

Everytime i see that Verizon Holiday Samsung commercial i get mad...... I think i need help :(

You'll fit right in with a mind in the gutter. Sometimes I think the guys set it up to see how long until I quote with innuendo. :p
And I laugh every time Sweatybeef posts too.

Reactions: sweatyBeef
Upvote 0
So my buddy is a manager at a store and he just received some Galaxy Nexuses in stock. I told him I'd be there in 20 min and sell me one now and he said he wished he could, but their system won't let them till 1201am tonight.

He said be there at 1030 tomorrow and he'll sell me one. I told him there was a delay and he said he should be able to override it tomorrow since that was the original date.

He will find more info when he goes in tomorrow so there is a small chance I could get it tomorrow.

I also mentioned to him that if he can sell it, I can have him make budget for the month by noon tomorrow.

Im in the Northern VA area. PM me and I can keep you updated tomorrow morning if it is a go or not.

Hope to have it tomorrow!

Have a chocolate chip cookie on me. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was stuck on a priority stack queue / linked list array implementation for a java program for my final project, my buddy just helped me out though. Thanks dude, glad to see a fellow IT geek in here :)

Good thing he did, my school only made us networking guys suffer through C++, PhP, MySQL, and it was more programming than I ever cared to know.

Upvote 0
Love the Dogfish Ancient Ales.. cool stories to go along with interesting beverages.

For me though, Guiness or Stone Arrogant Bastard is the way to go. Stone's Vertical Epic is good too, though can be hard to find and next year's batch is the last.

I just finished a bottle of Epic 10 a couple days ago. I didn't care for it, personally. I like wine and I like beer, but not mixed together...

IMG_20111208_200703.jpg

Reactions: harpua
Upvote 0
I called my local store at 7:45 tonight just to reaffirm that I could still pick up the Nexus tomorrow...He said we are good to go. I am pretty confident when I get there and start the activation process it won't allow him to activate or something.

I have been upfront that I heard it was delayed. I can't help but wonder if he knows and doesn't care or is he this bull headed and ignorant. He keeps saying no way will Verizon recall the launch this late in the game. :rolleyes:

Go there, and when he tells you he can't activate it tell him you'll activate it yourself. If some Verizon stores were offering "pre-orders" over a month ago, you should be fine to just let him sell you a phone and you can activate it yourself.

That's what I would hope for ;)

Reactions: SamMax
Upvote 0

Tell him you want to unbox and activate it yourself from home and hope to sneak out of there with your tail between your legs? Of course, the problem we've been hearing for the Costco close calls is that the actual purchase/checkout won't go through their system. What's the worst that can happen though: you don't get one and you're where you stand right now.

Reactions: SamMax
Upvote 0

If you don't mind being potentially inconvenienced, call his bluff. If you need to make calls and he can't activate it, be sure you have another phone to make calls.

But you know my thoughts on this, I sincerely doubt it will come to pass.

Upvote 0
Haha oh man, I went through mySQL, and PHP as well. No c++ though, as its now the java age (in 3 years from now it will be something else). Programming sucks big time, but I'm a computer science minor so I have a good amount- really the worst part lol.
Good thing he did, my school only made us networking guys suffer through C++, PhP, MySQL, and it was more programming than I ever cared to know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones