• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just called another CSR just to ensure that my account had the $100 discount... she said it didn't and I asked if she could do it, I mentioned the "doorways" system and CH4GE but she said she just couldn't. Whatever, I'll find out when I get the phone.

Here's something interesting she said though:

WAIT THIS MAKES SENSE NOW. BOGO offer ends tonight, midnight pre-order online, in stores Thursday.

OMG! Everyone stay up tonight. I kid you not we will see something, she sounded really knowledgeable and certain of it. Plus, it would make sense (they did the same with the Xyboard).

!!!

This all sounds very familiar Scott...

Would be nice if you're correct but my money is on a shotgun launch Thursday if that is when VZW lets it loose on the public. No pre-orders, maybe MAYBE a PR statement the day before. My guess (if it is available Thurs) if they make a PR statement, is that it will be in late morning to mid-day Wednesday.

Either way, it doesn't affect me in any way at all if you are correct and they start pre-orders tonight- I'll walk into my store the morning its available and walk out with the phone. My friend earns his commission and I happily do business with him. Though I WILL be tickled pink if they start orders tonight because that would be about as official of a statement as we've had from VZW regarding the release of this phone.

Upvote 0
Completely OT:

I'm excited so I have to report this somewhere, and since I've been interacting with you guys pretty much non-stop for a while now I'm reporting it here. I am officially DONE with school. All assignments in, finals done, and graduation is on Friday. I have my glass of wine in hand ready to toast any other soon-to-be graduates and even those just ending a semester. Here's to being done! \(^_^)/
College I'm guessing? Halfway through my 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering at Akron, hoping to get a co-op and doing their 5-year program.

Upvote 0
Wow, theres only one thing dumber then Verizon CSR's........ the techs that Barnes and Nobles uses.. I updated my wifes Nook Color today and netflix isnt there.. WTF. Read this ;)

20:36:48 : Ely: Hi! Thanks for joining Barnes and Noble Digital Chat Support. My name is Ely. How may I assist you today?

20:37:33 : : hello, ely. I just updated my nook color to 1.4.1 from the site, and I cannot find any of the new apps. Ive got alot of the other UI updates, but none of the new apps. I tried searching and no luck :(

20:38:37 : Ely: Just to clarify, you already updated the software of your NOOK to v1.4, but the Netflix application is not appearing on it. Is that correct?

20:39:17 : : 1.4.1 yes thats correct

20:39:42 : Ely: I see. What NOOK device you're using by the way?

20:39:52 : : the original nook color

20:39:57 : : not the tablet

20:40:17 : Ely: I see. Did you try to turn off and turn on your NOOK Color/

Im going to be here for a while :(

lol i feel for you, so did they fix it yet ?

Upvote 0
Called *611, and on my third try, I got a CSR that could look up the promo and add it to my account. (Atlanta, GA)

GPHju.jpg

Upvote 0
OT:

I downloaded netflix from the app store on my wife's Nook color an hour ago.

Wow, theres only one thing dumber then Verizon CSR's........ the techs that Barnes and Nobles uses.. I updated my wifes Nook Color today and netflix isnt there.. WTF. Read this ;)

20:36:48 : Ely: Hi! Thanks for joining Barnes and Noble Digital Chat Support. My name is Ely. How may I assist you today?

20:37:33 : : hello, ely. I just updated my nook color to 1.4.1 from the site, and I cannot find any of the new apps. Ive got alot of the other UI updates, but none of the new apps. I tried searching and no luck :(

20:38:37 : Ely: Just to clarify, you already updated the software of your NOOK to v1.4, but the Netflix application is not appearing on it. Is that correct?

20:39:17 : : 1.4.1 yes thats correct

20:39:42 : Ely: I see. What NOOK device you're using by the way?

20:39:52 : : the original nook color

20:39:57 : : not the tablet

20:40:17 : Ely: I see. Did you try to turn off and turn on your NOOK Color/

Im going to be here for a while :(

Upvote 0
What did you say? How'd you con them into it?

Here's what I said once they asked what they could do for me, I plan it all out before I call.

"I'm calling about the $100 promotion that is available when you upgrade from a 3G to a 4G phone, my friend got a post card in the mail with the information and the code CH4GE on it, I didn't get one and would like to see if I'm eligible since I'm upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus once it comes out."

She checked the code and said she could give me the discount. I know it sounds stupid but being nice and polite on the phone can really help a lot when it comes to these things. ;)

Upvote 0
Alright everyone I got the 100$ off after talking to a 611 rep. He was probably the most helpful rep i have ever talked to actually.

Ah!!!! You Rock! I called...csr said it ended on 11/15...I said no...try doorway...blah...blah...blah. She said $100 off? Yep I say and she promises me it's per phone....so chandl just saved me $200

WOOT! ;)

Reactions: chandl90
Upvote 0
I have only ever heard that we are going to be grandfathered into it. Why do you think that's not going to be true? I'm not denying that you're right, I just want to be informed before I take the plunge. I guess as long as it is good for the 2 years that's all I really need, since I can reevaluate once I'm out of my contract.
I looked for a written explanation on VZW's site but could not find anything to suport either scenario. I was told the doubled data would only be valid for the first 2-year contract, but considering how many conflicting posts there are from VZW CSRs on everything else, it may be that I just got an unknowledgeable CSR!

Reactions: soy.lor.n
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones