• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright everyone I got the 100$ off after talking to a 611 rep. He was probably the most helpful rep i have ever talked to actually. Anyways...

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO TELL THE CSR

search "3g to 4g smartphone promo" in the "doorways" system.
This is how the rep said he found it. I talked to 2 other CSRs in the past who had no idea what I was talking about. Below is a screenshot of the text the rep sent to me. From what he told me, this seems to be something they are running for most everyone. Also I was told that it expires on the 31st, not the 25th
Add me to the list of success stories!! :D It finally worked once I followed these instructions. Note to everyone that has been rejected so far: The first few times that I called, I was told that the promotion only would work if I purchased the Thunderbolt, Revolution, Bionic, Charge, or Breakout. However, the CSR tried a mock order with the RAZR and it still worked! So please let whoever you speak to know, if they try to tell you this, that the promotion will still work with a phone besides those five.

Now, I was unable to convince the rep to let me get another $100 off with the CH4GE mailer code. She seemed to think that it was the same thing as the 3G to 4G promo; however, as we have noticed, the wording on the mailer is very open-ended and does not include any language that restricts it or otherwise notes that it cannot be combined with other offers. When I pointed this out to the CSR, she made a new claim that she was unable to look up the mailer without a barcode, which I recognize was probably bullcrap, but she agreed that I should still bring the mailer in with me to the corporate store when I purchase a new phone, which I fully intend to do. If I can get $200 off this phone, I will be a very happy man indeed. :D

"Whose house?? Run's house!! I said whose house?? RUN'S HOUSE!!" :D

Upvote 0
So, I'm in NY State and earlier today I called about the $100 discount (the mailer with the CH4NGE code) for going from a 3G to 4G phone and was denied :(.
I decided to call back tonight and asked about it again and stated that a friend got the mailer but I didn't. She looked up the code and said I was eligible and noted my account for the $100 off. I called back a few minutes ago to verify that it was noted, the person check and read the info back to me saying that I have a $100 discount when upgrading from a 3G to 4G phone and that the offer expires at the end of the month.

i just called twice and both times was denied :-( stating its for specific regions and customers. :-(

Upvote 0
I was informed by my rep who notated my account:

It is NOT a promotional code that can be applied to accounts, it is a POINT OF SALE promotion, as in it can only be applied at the time you are purchasing the phone.

Not sure if that's true or not but the girl who put the note on my account stated as such.

Yet another variant.:rolleyes:

Hopefully this works

shot_000012.jpg

The pixelated drop down arrows? :eek:

Upvote 0
What's the text say, exactly?

Thursday, the 15th.
My text message from Verizon said exactly: "FREE VZW msg: Congratulations! Call 888-745-5774 now: You're eligible for a new phone! Call 888*745-5774! 2yr agm't req'd. Reply 'X' to stop msgs call back #8887455774" I have two phones on this contract and they are both eligible for an upgrade; They don't have the new every two, which is what I was on, but like I said, my Roommate has the LG Voyager and I have the Palm Pre....both pretty old phones.

Reactions: RazorSharp
Upvote 0
So I just called another CSR just to ensure that my account had the $100 discount... she said it didn't and I asked if she could do it, I mentioned the "doorways" system and CH4GE but she said she just couldn't. Whatever, I'll find out when I get the phone.

Here's something interesting she said though:

CSR: Ok, were you looking to upgrade your phone any time soon?
Me: Yeah, I'm actually waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Do you know when that might be available?
CSR: *with a certainty in her voice* Yes, it is set to launch tomorrow. I can call you tomorrow to let you know if you would like.
Me: No thanks, I'm planning on picking it up in the store. Thanks!
etc.

WAIT THIS MAKES SENSE NOW. BOGO offer ends tonight, midnight pre-order online, in stores Thursday.

OMG! Everyone stay up tonight. I kid you not we will see something, she sounded really knowledgeable and certain of it. Plus, it would make sense (they did the same with the Xyboard).

!!!

Upvote 0
Wow, theres only one thing dumber then Verizon CSR's........ the techs that Barnes and Nobles uses.. I updated my wifes Nook Color today and netflix isnt there.. WTF. Read this ;)

20:36:48 : Ely: Hi! Thanks for joining Barnes and Noble Digital Chat Support. My name is Ely. How may I assist you today?

20:37:33 : : hello, ely. I just updated my nook color to 1.4.1 from the site, and I cannot find any of the new apps. Ive got alot of the other UI updates, but none of the new apps. I tried searching and no luck :(

20:38:37 : Ely: Just to clarify, you already updated the software of your NOOK to v1.4, but the Netflix application is not appearing on it. Is that correct?

20:39:17 : : 1.4.1 yes thats correct

20:39:42 : Ely: I see. What NOOK device you're using by the way?

20:39:52 : : the original nook color

20:39:57 : : not the tablet

20:40:17 : Ely: I see. Did you try to turn off and turn on your NOOK Color/

Im going to be here for a while :(

Upvote 0
So I just called another CSR just to ensure that my account had the $100 discount... she said it didn't and I asked if she could do it, I mentioned the "doorways" system and CH4GE but she said she just couldn't. Whatever, I'll find out when I get the phone.

WAIT THIS MAKES SENSE NOW. BOGO offer ends tonight, midnight pre-order online, in stores Thursday.

OMG! Everyone stay up tonight. I kid you not we will see something, she sounded really knowledgeable and certain of it. Plus, it would make sense (they did the same with the Xyboard).

!!!

Hmmmm...I REFUSE to get my hopes up :p But, I shall stay up! :)

Upvote 0

!!!
well I just talked to my business rep and she said she has no idea and it's not listed yet...

Upvote 0
One thing concerns me here:

Everyone's talking about stacking their discounts. I know the LivingSocial voucher states that it can't be used with any other promotion. So what happens if you can get only ONE? :eek:

The loyalty discount, the employee discount, the LivingSocial voucher, OR the CH4GE? What if you can't combine them?

I guess I'd better do some math to see which one saves the most money on the phone... then use a second transaction for the accessories, using the second best method.

Is anyone here able to confirm that they did, in fact, successfully stack these things? :thinking:

I would advise arriving prepared to pay a larger amount than fantasized.
What gets me is some are believing a promo in effect now will include a phone that does exist yet = the GN. :thinking:
Anyway, I was in a store tonight and they had no clue and were digging in the system trying to get wind of it. I was riding them pretty hard for it insisting "Oh yeah, keep looking, you'll find it". Sigh!

The closer to a launch the wilder the ride.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

!!!

and all the other nights that you said made sense because a sale was ending came out winners too...

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was posted here, but it seems as if Australia is receiving the Nexus tomorrow. Samsung Galaxy Nexus hits Australia tomorrow Also someone I know was able to see and touch the Nexus over the weekend. I asked him how it was, said it was beautiful and that release is most likely this Thursday. He went to BB and evidently they had it in stock.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share this amusing (and depressing) site I found on Twitter:

Has Verizon Released the Galaxy Nexus?

This phone better be coming out on Thursday. I requested the day off from work and I'm just plain sick of waiting.

Heh! To me Nothing about Twitter is very cheerful. I am amazed how well the name matches the experience.

Upvote 0
This is pretty much exactly what I said after they asked what they could do for me.

"I'm calling about the $100 promotion that is available when you upgrade from a 3G to a 4G phone, my friend got a post card in the mail with the information and the code CH4GE on it, I didn't get one and would like to see if I'm eligible since I'm upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus once it comes out."

She didn't even put me on hold, she just typed it in and said that I'm eligible and could use it when the phone comes out. I then asked her if she could note it on my account so that I don't have any issues when I go to upgrade and use the discount. She then made the note on my account.

Upvote 0
Wow...just wow. After trying several different CSR's with no luck, I tried your method and within like 2 minutes I had the $100 noted on my account and they will waive the $20 upgrade fee also with this promo. I live in Mississippi so this has to be for the entire country. Come on Thursday and chandl90 you rawk!!!!! Many thanks....

You're from MS? Whereabouts? I live in Charleston, SC but am from Mississippi. McComb area.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones