• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the Northeast as well, but luckily for me the primary account holder on my plan is in the Midwest. If you're in the Northeast, you may have some trouble - but check the link I posted for tips. Mention the "doorways" part, that seems to help, but you'll probably want to leave out the part about Midwest only. Good luck!

I'm in NJ and just spoke with a CSR at *611. Mentioned the 3G to 4G promo in the 'doorways system' and was put on hold for a couple minutes. She came back, told me she found the promotion and applied it to my account. She also said that it expires on 12/31 and can be combined with my NE2 credit. When I asked about the GN she said she didn't see any release date, which didn't surprise me.

Upvote 0
We had significantly more leaks suggesting the 8th/9th than the 15th and you know how that turned out. I was confident last week that we'd see it by the 15th, now I'm in shock that this is still the popular opinion. I think we should all know better by now. We're two days away and we have heard virtually nothing. Is this setting off any red flags for anyone else?

...decloaking...

It just takes my breath away how little Verizon cares for their customers and/or future customers. I've been waiting for this phone since the iPhone 4S stink bomb. Its just unbelievable that Vz makes no announcement whatsoever! Not a peep! Even now with all the Dec 15 buzz not one blurb. At first I was angry now I'm just amazed...

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I'm in NJ and just spoke with a CSR at *611. Mentioned the 3G to 4G promo in the 'doorways system' and was put on hold for a couple minutes. She came back, told me she found the promotion and applied it to my account. She also said that it expires on 12/31 and can be combined with my NE2 credit. When I asked about the GN she said she didn't see any release date, which didn't surprise me.
Nicely done! Congrats.

Upvote 0
Bah I'm in NJ too...hope this works gonna give them another call.

Reactions: lickwidravr
Upvote 0
...decloaking...

It just takes my breath away how little Verizon cares for their customers and/or future customers. I've been waiting for this phone since the iPhone 4S stink bomb. Its just unbelievable that Vz makes no announcement whatsoever! Not a peep! Even now with all the Dec 15 buzz not one blurb. At first I was angry now I'm just amazed...

Glad you let go of that anger, you're strong I see that! Welcome to AF :)

Upvote 0
So I was actually doing some work and am entering information for orange juice labels. I am blindly copying info from one sheet to the online system and all of a sudden come to a complete halt at the phrase Premium NFC. I cock my head, trying to figure out why the heck orange juice and technology are together..... Then it hits me... Not From Concentrate.
*facepalm*

^true story. I swear

Upvote 0
If someone was to read your quote alone, that would be VERY average. :D
:rolleyes:

So, I come back to the forums after eight hours of sleep and NO ONE HAS GOOD NEWS FOR ME??

Steven runs off in tears. :p
We do have good news! We got a Costco ad confirming the 15th and a (admittedly questionable) leak for a Verizon promotional setup stating that GNex stuff should be up on the 15th as well.

1. Build your own Large Hadron Collider
2. Reinvent the wheel
3. Discover the meaning of life
4. Reach the Avatar state
5. Cry
Lol'd at number 4 :D

Upvote 0
So i've soke to a friendly CSR, gave them the $100 shpiel and the promo code and was reassured that when i check out that it would knock off $100 upgrading from 3G to 4G. the code she explained was only for online purchases. i'd like to have a note on my account, but i doubt that it's going to automatically work.

FWIW i tried upgrading to a RAZR online, went through the whole process and entered the promo code CH4GE and... nothing.

i dont doubt that people have been successful getting the note on their account, but i wonder if that doesn't matter. if your number isn't in the system to get the discount when you upgrade, i suspect you're outta luck. hope i'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones