• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely rather know when the release is going to be even if they say 12/31. It lets me know how much longer my OG Droid needs to last and if it can in fact last that long. If it is a 12/31 release, then I need to look for another option. Even if it's a 12/1 release, I might consider the Rezound or the Razr. ICS will be out for them shortly which is the major advantage for the Nexus. Take away it being the only phone with ICS for an extended period of time and it means absolutely nothing to me. I'm waiting for ICS, not the Nexus, and if the first phone with ICS (Nexus) is only released a couple of weeks ahead of when they roll out ICS to other phones (Razr/Rezound/etc) then I would rather have a new phone now with ICS upgrade in a few weeks than to hold on to a dying Droid now while waiting for a phone that will have ICS only a couple of weeks ahead of others. Frankly, the hardware isn't the impressive part of the Nexus and some others have their own hardware perks.

Agree the razr and rezound both have equally impressive specs as the nexus, i could waut a few weeks for ics if the nexus continues to get pushed back.

Upvote 0
The only tweet relating to the SGN on droid_life yesterday was:

Sounds to me like they're joking around.

Thats what i thought. But the first part was the joke part. (because they tweeted it again later on). then i went to that Panda's site or tweets and he said something like "between T-day and Christmas"

Trust me, i hope i'm wrong!! please prove me wrong!!! I tried my hardest to become a twitter pro yesterday and it seems to me they found out some news. Droid-life is on the west coast. So if it's delayed we will see a article on there site in a couple of hours..

I'm very sorry if i'm wrong. I will kill myself. But droid life doesn't usually play games like that. I think "IRC: was the other tweet confirming it

Upvote 0
Thats what i thought. But the first part was the joke part. (because they tweeted it again later on). then i went to that Panda's site or tweets and he said something like "between T-day and Christmas"

Trust me, i hope i'm wrong!! please prove me wrong!!! I tried my hardest to become a twitter pro yesterday and it seems to me they found out some news. Droid-life is on the west coast. So if it's delayed we will see a article on there site in a couple of hours..

I'm very sorry if i'm wrong. I will kill myself. But droid life doesn't usually play games like that. I think "IRC: was the other tweet confirming it

Where are you getting that BMX said between T-day and Christmas? The only thing yesterday on his Twitter was this:

not understanding the nexus stuff. You all have all a few days before concrete launch dates are confirmed or debunked. Relax.. really :)

:thinking:

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0

It was P3Droid that made the t-day and Christmas remark. He may be able to deliver on leaked firmware, but when it comes to inside info his track record is less than great.

Edit. Keep in mind he is the one that started the whole hysteria that the nexus wasn't coming to VZW at all.

Upvote 0
It was P3Droid that made the t-day and Christmas remark. He may be able to deliver on leaked firmware, but when it comes to inside info his track record is less than great.

Oh, I see. That makes me feel better. My younger dog, who tips over the garbage can and then blames the older dog by running away while the other one is rooting around in it, has more credibility than P3Droid.

Upvote 0
Every time I read this thread & hear about rumors/news: I feel....

tumblr_liquz0fF2c1qbkyuf.gif

Upvote 0
All the twitter VZW reps say when you tweet anything about the Nexus is that "it will be available later this year" and then give the signup link or the stupid PR writeup that was posted a week ago or so. This is really irritating.

Do you expect anything different from them? they are not going to come out and say a date when they probably have no clue when it is launching.

Upvote 0
The only tweet relating to the SGN on droid_life yesterday was:

Sounds to me like they're joking around.

They're definitely joking around. If you follow the full conversation between @droid_life and @koush you can see that @koush was joking about not being a winner of one of the Logitech Revues, and @droid_life responded with "Breaking: Logitech Revues not given to @Koush, Galaxy Nexus delayed."

@Koush is a major player in the Android world, and the joke is that he could get the Galaxy Nexus delayed out of spite for not winning a contest.

Upvote 0
Ugh, I'm getting sick of all the moronic games being played. Last night, BMX posts on AC that the battery in the LTE version is bigger than the GSM version. And then he tells them that he's going to be right back because he's going to check on it to make sure. Then he just disappears. How hard is it to take the battery off, look at the label, and post?

I hate these games. I am resolving that, as soon as I buy the SGN, I'm never going to look at these idiotic tweets anymore. It's not worth the anxiety and irritation.

from BMX: its a bit larger then the GSM one I believe but I can check and confirm.. I know they are different model sizes.. gsm is 1780 I believe.. lemme check the cap on LTE..
Then proceeds to post a few times about nothing. . .then from some poor schmuck:

Please don't leave me / us hanging. Seriously, I work in the field for a living. I need a phone that can go 10 to 12 hours before it starts begging for a power outlet.
Then. . no response. Of course. :rolleyes:

source link

Upvote 0
Ugh, I'm getting sick of all the moronic games being played. Last night, BMX posts on AC that the battery in the LTE version is bigger than the GSM version. And then he tells them that he's going to be right back because he's going to check on it to make sure. Then he just disappears. How hard is it to take the battery off, look at the label, and post?

I hate these games. I am resolving that, as soon as I buy the SGN, I'm never going to look at these idiotic tweets anymore. It's not worth the anxiety and irritation.

The proceeds to post a few times about nothing. . .then from some poor schmuck:

Then. . no response. Of course. :rolleyes:

source link

Sit back, relax all will be known when it is known. No need freaking out about something that no matter how irritated or upset you get is going to come out any sooner than those in the know want or are allowed to leak out.

Upvote 0
They're definitely joking around. If you follow the full conversation between @droid_life and @koush you can see that @koush was joking about not being a winner of one of the Logitech Revues, and @droid_life responded with "Breaking: Logitech Revues not given to @Koush, Galaxy Nexus delayed."

@Koush is a major player in the Android world, and the joke is that he could get the Galaxy Nexus delayed out of spite for not winning a contest.

Good work guys. Thats why i had you guys check it out. I can NOT figure twitter out. I have tried and tried.

So i'm a moron and thanks for setting me straight. I wasn't trying to scare anyone. I couldn't even sleep last night. Thats not a funny joke by the way. Who would joke about something like that?

I'll leave the rumors to the pros for now on (you guys).

thanks again

Upvote 0
Sit back, relax all will be known when it is known. No need freaking out about something that no matter how irritated or upset you get is going to come out any sooner than those in the know want or are allowed to leak out.

True. I've noticed that I'm good and calm for a week, but then the built up anxiety needs a valve and I have to release it. Chief has his conspiracy theories about how Verizon is an evil entity whose goal is to take over the world and make us all miserable. Mine is calling out the idiots as idiots.

It's better than going off on my coworkers, two of whom are laughing hysterically at the Family Guy on Netflix, while another is looking at some "sensual" robot that is on sale for $8,000. :p

Upvote 0
All that is left is the release date, (and to a much smaller extent, battery size), so it is getting an inordinate amount of attention from everyone. Its not going to stop until the date is released, and I can understand a lot of us can't deal with the roller coaster of rumors and leaks, which is why a firm date is better even if it is later according to some.

Upvote 0
True. I've noticed that I'm good and calm for a week, but then the built up anxiety needs a valve and I have to release it. Chief has his conspiracy theories about how Verizon is an evil entity whose goal is to take over the world and make us all miserable. Mine is calling out the idiots as idiots.

It's better than going off on my coworkers, two of whom are laughing hysterically at the Family Guy on Netflix, while another is looking at some "sensual" robot that is on sale for $8,000. :p

Theory of Verizon being evil? I thought that was a Law. ;)

Upvote 0
So much fear mongering going on lately. People need to stop freaking out. All parties involved want this phone released sooner rather than later.

AND bmx said we should have "leaked" info by the end of this week.

I think a lot of the time these "insiders" are told to make stuff up and act like things are getting worse just to try and build up the hype and suspense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones