• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that we're not getting anything on the 17th, only because of the ReHound releasing that same week. Why did they move the launch to Monday? Who knows. We don't have enough info to determine the reason. It could be as simple as they're moving away from Thursdays now, or because something drastic happened.

But look at it this way. Most phone shoppers stroll into the store on a weekend, not during the week. Them releasing the RAZR on Friday gives them a full weekend all for that phone. Releasing the ReHound on a Monday and the Nexus on a Thursday won't result in any advantage for either phone. It's basically the same as releasing it on the same day. Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is giving the ReHound a full week to sell as much as it can, and then launching the Nexus on the 21. Then, on Black Friday, you've got 3 phones to choose from.

Is it possible that Razr gets two weeks than Rezound releases and they get two weeks than gn releases?

Upvote 0
It's such a big phone for them they are having a live Q&A event...wtf.

You Ask: Droid RAZR Questions? Ask Verizon! [LIVE EVENT]

I have a feeling that we're not getting anything on the 17th, only because of the ReHound releasing that same week. Why did they move the launch to Monday? Who knows. We don't have enough info to determine the reason. It could be as simple as they're moving away from Thursdays now, or because something drastic happened.

But look at it this way. Most phone shoppers stroll into the store on a weekend, not during the week. Them releasing the RAZR on Friday gives them a full weekend all for that phone. Releasing the ReHound on a Monday and the Nexus on a Thursday won't result in any advantage for either phone. It's basically the same as releasing it on the same day. Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is giving the ReHound a full week to sell as much as it can, and then launching the Nexus on the 21. Then, on Black Friday, you've got 3 phones to choose from.

Upvote 0
Not only that, but their date lines don't even line up. Look at where the RAZR and middle red bars end on 11/28, and then look at where the "Nexxus" begins on the 28th. They're not the same 11/28...

This cannot be an official Verizon document.

Yeah. You know, we don't really know how these tech sites or bloggers actually vet their sources. I thought Kellex would go over the source's credibility with a fine toothed comb before posting something, but who knows. Or it could be that various good sources are telling him different things.

He posted that screenshot of training materials indicating the 17th. Then he posts this drivel that looks like a 9th grader in a computer class could mock up in about 10 minutes. Both leaks have misspellings and appear to be unfinished products.

Who knows what the frak is going on around here.

I've circled my calendar for Friday, November 25. In red. On that day, I'll either be trailing after my wife at Macy's as she picks out clothes while surfing the web on my new SGN, or at least trailing after her knowing when I will be getting my SGN for sure, or we'll be stopping in at AT&T to check out what kind of black Friday deals they have for new customers.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
Yeah. You know, we don't really know how these tech sites or bloggers actually vet their sources. I thought Kellex would go over the source's credibility with a fine toothed comb before posting something, but who knows. Or it could be that various good sources are telling him different things.

He posted that screenshot of training materials indicating the 17th. Then he posts this drivel that looks like a 9th grader in a computer class could mock up in about 10 minutes. Both leaks have misspellings and appear to be unfinished products.

Who knows what the frak is going on around here.

I've circled my calendar for Friday, November 25. In red. On that day, I'll either be trailing after my wife at Macy's as she picks out clothes while surfing the web on my new SGN, or at least trailing after her knowing when I will be getting my SGN for sure, or we'll be stopping in at AT&T to check out what kind of black Friday deals they have for new customers.

Fwiw when I went to my local att store checking out the skyrocket they claim they don't do any black Friday sales

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just think the original reason for the 14th for the rezound was because Verizon had the 17th schedule for the GNex, and wanted the rezound out first, but not before the RAZR, so they broke tradition for the Rezound. If it doesn't release till the 21st, or whenever, then it is because of a delay which Verizon wasn't aware of when they finalized the Rezound release date, whenever that was.

Upvote 0
Fwiw when I went to my local att store checking out the skyrocket they claim they don't do any black Friday sales

That stinks. At least their phones are less expensive. Skyrocket will be $249. That's what I'm planning on paying with VZ using my loyalty discount. So it's a wash.

Man, I hate that Skyrocket name, though. Sounds like a popsicle.

Come on, Verizon. My money is growing mold, you turtle-assed morons.

Upvote 0
I can't find it right now to thank you but to whoever posted that article about the lack of a release date on the GNex thanks that was a great read and made a lot of sense.

But all this back and forth with possible release dates is driving me nuts! I just want a definitive answer already on when we will be seeing this, I don't care if it's even November 30th I just want to know!

P.S. I'm mad that my avatar isn't showing up correctly I photoshoped a GNEX into it

Upvote 0
That stinks. At least their phones are less expensive. Skyrocket will be $249. That's what I'm planning on paying with VZ using my loyalty discount. So it's a wash.

Man, I hate that Skyrocket name, though. Sounds like a popsicle.

Come on, Verizon. My money is growing mold, you turtle-assed morons.

Well I was reading in skyrocket forums people have been getting it at different prices around country. Some were getting it for 150 but all the places around here are selling it for 250

Upvote 0
Well I was reading in skyrocket forums people have been getting it at different prices around country. Some were getting it for 150 but all the places around here are selling it for 250

Well I'm going to hold off doing any real research on it until I'm sure Verizon truly does want to refuse my money. Until then, it's only a very faint, back burner option. My mindset is dead set on SGN. It just has an expiration date.

Upvote 0
MY OPINION. VZW is beyond making me crazy, mad, disappointed and whatever else. I am sure there will be someone telling me it's not VZW or VZW doesn't care if I'm mad or I leave.

To that I reply I don't care. VZW rapes us monthly and thinks we should be happy to get whatever device or information they give us whenever they feel fit.

In short I feel VZW has a great network but they are to big for their own britches.

I may or may not get the GNex and I may or may not stay on VZW. But I am done going crazy trying to get info.

A lot of people want this phone beyond this forum and VZW should care enough to give us a release date or at least a heads up about the progress.

In short (not really) I feel that VZW should care enough to give us some Intel. I will check in weekly until it is released or I move to another device and or carrier. I may even give WP7 a shot who knows.

Have fun guys I will see you soon (even if you don't see me) ;)

Upvote 0
MY OPINION. VZW is beyond making me crazy, mad, disappointed and whatever else. I am sure there will be someone telling me it's not VZW or VZW doesn't care if I'm mad or I leave.

The that I reply I don't care. VZW rapes us monthly and thinks we should be happy to get whatever device or information they give us whenever they feel fit.

In short I feel VZW has a great network but they are to big for their own britches.

I may or may not get the GNex and I may or may not stay on VZW. But I am done going crazy trying to get info.

A lot of people want this phone beyond this forum and VZW should care enough to give us a release date or at least a heads up about the progress.

In short (not really) I feel that VZW should care enough to give us some Intel. I will check in weekly until it is released or I move to another device and or carrier. I may even give WP7 a shot who knows.

Have fun guys I will see you soon (even if you don't see me) ;)

Don't leave us :(

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
Don't worry, Steven. You'll be putting the 17th up there again before too long.

There's so much BS swirling around us that you might as well post a picture of a cow taking a dump in a field under "release date". :p

Yeah besides what kind of roller coaster would this be if we only went up all the time?

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
I have said before in this epic thread.....i pray that one day in the near future a wireless carrier gets a network that can really compete with verizon....at that point it will most likely leave verizon with nothing but a gigantic smile on my face.....they irritate the crap out of me with releasing phones and screwing me on my bill and every other thing.....but i know i can't get coverage any where close to theirs anywhere else so for now im stuck....but man thinking of that day is making me excited

Upvote 0
I have said before in this epic thread.....i pray that one day in the near future a wireless carrier gets a network that can really compete with verizon....at that point it will most likely leave verizon with nothing but a gigantic smile on my face.....they irritate the crap out of me with releasing phones and screwing me on my bill and every other thing.....but i know i can't get coverage any where close to theirs anywhere else so for now im stuck....but man thinking of that day is making me excited

Agreed. I think that with AT&T finally rolling out their LTE markets, with phones either as good as Verizon's or better, and at lower prices, Verizon will either have to stop playing King of the Castle and acknowledge that they need to lower their own prices, or they'll slowly fall in market share.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I think that with AT&T finally rolling out their LTE markets, with phones either as good as Verizon's or better, and at lower prices, Verizon will either have to stop playing King of the Castle and acknowledge that they need to lower their own prices, or they'll slowly fall in market share.

good point....hopefully that becomes true sooner then later.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones