• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a Radioshack Yestarday to Play with the Razor althought its def thin i was left unimpressed It has to really good cameras but other then that blahh, I was talking to the Radioshack ass-manager and I asked about both the GN and the Rezound, he confirmed tommorw for the Rezound yet he said it was really thick, and he said that the GN would be released on the 20th or 21th. And then we got in an argument on whos LTE network was pshhh.

Upvote 0
3 DAYS TO GO!​

We hope :)

I was never great at math, but today is the 13th. If it releases on the 17th, isn't that 4 days away?
Thanks dawn. I was thinking the same thing.

OTOH, I'm in Tokyo today where it is already Monday the 14th, so technically only three days until the 17th.

Speaking of which, since I'm a day ahead of everyone in the US this week if I hear any leaks I'll be sure to share!

Upvote 0
In the review, I am not following the end of this line part,

GMail: the new Gmail has preview text on the screen. This is a welcome addition.

"But my favorite new items are native *.apk download and install plus viewing of images inline."
At least as to the first part, I wonder whether he is referring to installing an APK that is an attachment to an email. I found an older reference to this issue on stackoverflow here.

Upvote 0
Little off topic: picked up a Char-Broil Big Easy no-oil turkey fryer this morning and will be doing first non-oven turkey this year, hopefully will be delicious.

They call it a fryer yet it doesn't actually fry. Come to think of it, I'm a boilermaker yet we don't make boilers. Go figure.

On topic: I wants my Nexus, now.

Upvote 0
I was at the VZW store last night and the rep I asked about the release of the GNex told me the Rezound will be coming on Monday, and when I asked about the GNex he said the computer has a "Sometime in November" note; wow, how helpful......lol :p

The rep seems to think the GNex will also be released sometime this week coming up, but we'll see ;)

Upvote 0
Are there any trustworthy reviews on the camera? I am a little skittish about the possibility of a drop to 5mp (I have the DINC, and am at 8). I do actually take pics with my DINC that I then print (5x7 mostly, sometimes larger). I'm a pretty heavy user of the camera (I'm a Mom, and like to travel light). Granted, I don't print very many pictures, and rarely an 8x10....but it is important to me.
From what I've read, the sensor is as important as the megapixels....and the Galaxy has a great sensor (and zero shutter lag!)....but, can anyone verify this technology?
Are their any camera reviews from people that are fairly particular about such things that anyone can point me to?

Upvote 0
What does it cost to add someone to a plan? I'm thinking of adding my mom instead of paying retail. She uses a track phone. So if I did this I could give her my Thunderbolt, which would give her internet and email. Both of which she doesn't have.

you just have to have a family plan and the additional line is $10, and in your case you would also have the additional cost of another line with $30 data plan if you give her the TB

Reactions: halon
Upvote 0
They call it a fryer yet it doesn't actually fry. Come to think of it, I'm a boilermaker yet we don't make boilers. Go figure.

On topic: I wants my Nexus, now.

True on the "frying" but from reviews people have said you would be hard pressed to tell difference as it does great job leaving skin crispy and inside juicy, we will see I guess. Plus wife wouldn't go for a true fryer as she was afraid I would set house on fire. And I am plus1 on your on topic.

Upvote 0
Of course, the extra $40/month equals $960 over a two year contract. Fine if you really want the extra line/data plan, but if you're just trying to save money, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the phone unsubsidized?

same thing i was thinking. or you could sell the tbolt on craigslist or something and buy mom a dumbphone and it would only be $10 per month

Upvote 0
same thing i was thinking. or you could sell the tbolt on craigslist or something and buy mom a dumbphone and it would only be $10 per month

I've been trying to sell it. I'll more than likely just add the line. Like I said. It would give her internet and email on a large screen phone. She doesn't have either.

Upvote 0
Are there any trustworthy reviews on the camera? I am a little skittish about the possibility of a drop to 5mp (I have the DINC, and am at 8). I do actually take pics with my DINC that I then print (5x7 mostly, sometimes larger). I'm a pretty heavy user of the camera (I'm a Mom, and like to travel light). Granted, I don't print very many pictures, and rarely an 8x10....but it is important to me.
From what I've read, the sensor is as important as the megapixels....and the Galaxy has a great sensor (and zero shutter lag!)....but, can anyone verify this technology?
Are their any camera reviews from people that are fairly particular about such things that anyone can point me to?

5 MP is plenty to print a 5x7. So I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you use the camera a lot, given the zero shutter lag and apparent good quality of the sensor! I definitely wouldn't worry about the prints. I'm excited, because the DINC camera on mine is ok (but sort of slow), but there is a TON of dust under that plasticy cover over the lense. It has made all my pictures kind of blurry and crappy, so I'm looking forward to the new camera and the zero shutter lag (snapping pics of young kids is tough with a slow camera heh).

Upvote 0
5 MP is plenty to print a 5x7. So I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you use the camera a lot, given the zero shutter lag and apparent good quality of the sensor! I definitely wouldn't worry about the prints. I'm excited, because the DINC camera on mine is ok (but sort of slow), but there is a TON of dust under that plasticy cover over the lense. It has made all my pictures kind of blurry and crappy, so I'm looking forward to the new camera and the zero shutter lag (snapping pics of young kids is tough with a slow camera heh).

I'm definitely excited for the camera I skate (as you could probably tell from my username) and with my Droid incredible it suck for video (skips sooooo many frames) and the camera is slow and also the movie maker app will be good for putting together montages

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones