• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndroidForums Rule, OK?

Superb work, and great to see our core contributors working for the forum admins to do this right and have it watermarked for attribution.

Superb work folks, and many thanx!

This sounds like a dumb question [to me] but there does not appear to be a Turn-by-Turn nav function? Am I just partially blind this morning? This is a really important feature in my little world.

I believe the Turn-by-Turn nav function would be considered a feature of 2.1 not the phone itself. :D

Reactions: APKhaos
Upvote 0
What do people think of the "default" wallpaper?

anliqv.jpg
I think i will name mine sauron. :)

Reactions: jeffsor and Beo
Upvote 0
Without any further adieu...

Phandroid FTW:D...Gizmodo, Boy Genius Report, Engadget, etc... eat your heart out.:cool:

Anyone feeling thankful to this forum, thread, owner, admin's, mod's, tipsters, staff, regulars???

I need to change my pants!!!:D:D:D:D

This is sooooooooo freakin cool!!!

Great work and thanks to all involved!!! You guys do amazing work and greatly appreciate everything!!!

Upvote 0
i usually scratch it off or paint over it or something. f verizon branding!

Dude, really? On a day when you were just handed the user guide to the phone we've been begging for info about for months, the first thing you have to say about it is how much you hate the logo that is tattooed to the phone? Count your blessings, friend!

Upvote 0
I can't take it all in . . . I'm overwhelmed. I have waited for the N1 for so long. Then when I heard about this phone I started following this forum. This phone, from what I'm reading makes the N1 obsolete ALREADY. THIS is why the N1 has been delayed. HTC and Verizon KNEW that if they released the N1 in January MANY of their customers would have jumped on that bandwagon and when this phone came out they'd have a very unhappy customer base. I anticipate the N1 will get VZW clearance very soon AFTER the release of this phone. I wasn't completely sold on this phone until now. IF they'd both came out at the same time I'd have likely gone with the N1, but not now. WOW!

Upvote 0
Sorry if I've missed this, but does anyone know if the Incredible will be kitted as a Verizon Global Phone?

Nope, no global.

Does anyone know if the HTC incredible will have the same type of proximity sensor that the droid has? I don't know what the iphone has, but I haven't seen the same type of issues with cheeks accidentally hitting end call or mute. Can anyone comment on that? That is my main complaint with the droid. Thanks!

I would think it would be different because of different manufacturers.

@ Viperboy have you seen anything come through Verizon than can collaborate the Best Buy info we have received? Thanks.

To the average rep looking in our systems, this phone doesn't even exist lol you just have to know where to poke around. I am not able to confirm at this time when it is launching. I have received no info, sadly.

Whatttt... Doesnt come with a microsd card?!?!

Interesting... yeah, it doesn't show it as an included accessory in the box in our system.

Okay, what's .3gp for a video format? Never seen that one before.

That's been a mobile standard for a while.

I'm at work and can't RTFM, can anyone confirm if 720p video isn't supported?

No specs on video capture yet, sorry.

Long time lurker....HOLY 'CIRCULAR SPORTING EQUIP'! You guys are solid! Forgive if I missed this, but any word on price w/2 yr contract?

None yet, but I think 199 on a 2 year is what you will be looking at.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones