• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic... now other news sources are completely misinterpreting the e-mail sent to Verizon employees today.

This site now claims that the Incredible is OFFICIALLY coming on April 12:
HTC Incredible Officially Coming on April 12th | Gadgets DNA

Funny thing is, unlike so many other sites in previous 'leaks', they've cited androidforums as their source, but they're drawn up their own idiotic interpretation. Words can't express my frustration. :mad: Other news sites are probably going to run wild with this story now.

Yep. Phandroid is crediting Anonimac with "leaking" that it will officially be announced on Monday.

Upvote 0
Alright everyone, I was pretty much finished the battery saving tips. Sent it to Anon to look over and some other members. I am still adding to the list of android apps that have been known to drain battery power.

I know "most" of us know these tips and there is a lot of info. out there. I just wanted to try to focus on the important stuff and keep it in 1 location for all of us. I also tried to keep it incredible specific, by adding stuff from the user guide and including pages numbers on how to do stuff, etc (even tho these techniques could be applied to most rechargable batteries). If Anon approves or thinks it's worth it, hopefully some of it will end up as a sticky or part of a sticky once the phone is launched.

Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
I think Verizon is watching this thread closely, keeping an eye on it. I think they're waiting till post 30,000 to make their official announcement here ;P

EDIT : After all, didn't they say something in that email about getting social? What's more social on the internet than either a chat room or forums? :)

Or maybe 600 pages............

Oh, and..........

Happy Birthday Mountain Man!!!! ;):D

Reactions: Montana Man
Upvote 0
Fantastic... now other news sources are completely misinterpreting the e-mail sent to Verizon employees today.

This site now claims that the Incredible is OFFICIALLY coming on April 12:
HTC Incredible Officially Coming on April 12th | Gadgets DNA

Funny thing is, unlike so many other sites in previous 'leaks', they've cited androidforums as their source, but they're drawn up their own idiotic interpretation. Words can't express my frustration. :mad: Other news sites are probably going to run wild with this story now.
These guys don't know anything. They have Nashdroid's render of the phone linked and it says "we're not sure if these are real." All they had to do was read the post they got them from. I'm tired of these "technology" sites getting information from here and then twisting it or not bothering to check the words under/above the pictures that say it isn't real.
And that's what grinds my gears.

Upvote 0
Maybe I am way off base, but, why can't this be three seperate announcements that total the 6-7 devices:

- It's time to share: Clearly talking about the "pink" devices.
- Let's get Social: Could mean almost any phone/netbook device.
- It's new, It's unique...: This could be the Incredible.

incredible-monday-550x403.jpg

Just my interpretation.
Dunno. Microsoft's ad campaign for the Zune was "Welcome to the Social". It's a term MS has thrown around quite a bit with their mobile devices. I'm in agreement that all we'll see on Monday are the two Pink phones.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else think this forum goes in circles? I keep reading strings of questions/answers it's a huge deja vu. I guess it's a product of the size of the thread, and the skimming at accompanies it. Does anyone else notice this?

The term is "iterative by design" every time we circle back ask the same question again we get a better answer. Software development works that way too. Well, successful software development anyways, lol...

Upvote 0
Maybe I am way off base, but, why can't this be three seperate announcements that total the 6-7 devices:

Just my interpretation.

I was thinking the same thing...would be great if it works out like this

Upvote 0
At this point I'm fairly sure unless you are illegally tethering, you have virtually no chance of using the 5gb, and certainly not regularly.

That means the only people with a case would be admitting to using their device in violation of the user agreement...

Well, I've heard of lots of people going over the 5gb limit w/o ANY tethering and with the development beginning on the Netflix streaming app, I can definitely see needing that bandwidth. ;)

Upvote 0

Just my interpretation.

Actually, that's a very good interpretation.

Upvote 0

Just my interpretation.

Yeah, maybe the two microsoft phones monday, samsung reality tuesday, nexus one wednesday, that UBS plug in modem thing thursday, and friday: INCREDIBLE! all 6 phones each day, since they did say it was a journey, and it only begins monday.

Upvote 0
Just finished reading the Incredible User Guide.

Here's my ONE and ONLY issue: Why would HTC deside to put the LED notification on the BACK of the phone? Am I the only one that see's this as an issue? I use the LED ALL THE TIME - its just too easy to glance down and see you have a new notification. Now I'll have to keep the phone FACE DOWN in order to see the LED. Wierd idea HTC...

EPIC FAIL! <facepalm>

The LED is on the FRONT!

I am such a loser.

Upvote 0
At this point I'm fairly sure unless you are illegally tethering, you have virtually no chance of using the 5gb, and certainly not regularly.

That

Well, I've heard of lots of people going over the 5gb limit w/o ANY tethering and with the development beginning on the Netflix streaming app, I can definitely see needing that bandwidth. ;)

watch VZW change their data policy because of that app...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Confirmation from my former student who is a Verizon CSR

"Looks like the incredible will be announced Monday."

I see some stuff has been posted!

He may have read that from one of the tech blogs that misinterpreted the information that was released here. Somehow an email that said something to the effect of something will be announced on Monday turned into "The Incredible will definitely be announced on Monday!!" No one ever said it would be announced Monday.

Upvote 0
He may have read that from one of the tech blogs that misinterpreted the information that was released here. Somehow an email that said something to the effect of something will be announced on Monday turned into "The Incredible will definitely be announced on Monday!!" No one ever said it would be announced Monday.

And what's worse is we will have 50-100 posts in here Monday complaining/whining or asking what happened. Blaming Verizon for letting us down etc... when Verizon has not clearly said they are announcing it Monday, and it still doesnt have any impact on our proposed released date (25th/29th).

But mark my words it will happen if the Incredible isn't announced Monday.

Reactions: MathewS81
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones