• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess everyone has their preferences but I like the usb port on the side and prefer the dock in landscape. I'm hoping that the dock has volume control built in though because otherwise it'll be difficult to use the hardware buttons. I guess we can always change the vol on screen.

But the home screens does not rotate in landscape mode. If it did, I would not care were the USB port was.

Upvote 0
I work at Wal Mart and just for fun today i checked our "Wire" which is basically a company only internet webpage. I searched for HTC to see what would pop up and I saw a newsletter that was dated 4/9/10 so I opened it up and it had 6 phones, some named and some not named. One of them being an HTC with an 8mp camera which obviously is the Incredible but it didn't have an item/UPC number. But the date was confirmed for 4/29 for Sam's clubs and Wal Mart's with Wireless Center's inside. It did have it by region, ie. Northeast, South, etc. And some it said N/A by. But the Northeast division did say something like full shipment or something like that by it. I only remember that one because I live in the Northeast :) I had the paper printed out and all but I left it sit around somewhere today and didn't have time to reprint before I left :( So take this info for what its worth, just thought i'd share what I found out today with everyone here that is as excited to get this phone as i am :)

thanks for the info and welcome to the site

Upvote 0
This is getting absurd. Does anyone over the age of 14 actually care about these two new worthless devices introduced today?

Verizon has until 30 days before the Sprint EVO 4G drops to release the Incredible or it loses a veeerrrry long time customer.

When the Incredible finally comes out, it will immediately be completely overshadowed by the Sprint EVO 4G. Not to mention Sprint's pricing plans are much cheaper (I realize there may be a cost for 4G added -- but even factoring that in).

Upvote 0
I work at Wal Mart and just for fun today i checked our "Wire" which is basically a company only internet webpage. I searched for HTC to see what would pop up and I saw a newsletter that was dated 4/9/10 so I opened it up and it had 6 phones, some named and some not named. One of them being an HTC with an 8mp camera which obviously is the Incredible but it didn't have an item/UPC number. But the date was confirmed for 4/29 for Sam's clubs and Wal Mart's with Wireless Center's inside. It did have it by region, ie. Northeast, South, etc. And some it said N/A by. But the Northeast division did say something like full shipment or something like that by it. I only remember that one because I live in the Northeast :) I had the paper printed out and all but I left it sit around somewhere today and didn't have time to reprint before I left :( So take this info for what its worth, just thought i'd share what I found out today with everyone here that is as excited to get this phone as i am :)

Thank god for the all encompassing grasp of wal-mart...

Upvote 0
Phones that will Launch:Kin, Nexus One, HTC Incredible,LG VS740 (Android), LG VS750 (Windows), LGVX-8370 and BB Bold aka Tour2 per one of the commentors on phonearena that claims to have tested the chipsets for the phone. He didn't mention the kin but I guess if you add that up its 7....possibly because the LG vs740 will be later down the road

My avvy is better than yours... :p

Reactions: Racer15 and HTCLUVR
Upvote 0
To be clear, I'm getting the Inc. It looks like an awesome phone and a perfect upgrade from my BB Storm. But do you think that this phone has the following to be as ubiquitous as an iPhone or the Moto Razr from many years back?? Will there be an accessories market for it like there is for the iPhone. Or is it possible that they'll sell 100 units to the people on this thread and then dwindle from there?

I'm just curious as to what you fine, knowledgeable, upstanding citizens think... (Oh, and I'm also trying to participate rather than just creepily hitting f5 and stalking you all all day.)

Upvote 0
LG VS740 is coming soon not sure if thats the aloha or totally different...it is an android based LG though that i thought I read was 2Q announcement
Who cares? LG sucks. I had hear great things about them, so I broke down and got one after owning several dependable Moto phones. Nothing but problems!

Reactions: vzwuser76
Upvote 0
Working on another piece of information that would fit in with the rest of the puzzle but have to put it through the ringer...:thinking:

Will post later this evening whether it's a dead end or not...either way, you'll know.

What exactly do you mean by that? I kind of get the feeling it has a negative connotation attached....like you're preparing to deliver some bad news. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but this whole Kin idea embarrasses me to be on the Verizon network. I understand that this device is being marketed towards tweens and teens, but knowing that my monthly bill helped further this project makes me want to demand a refund.

Well that's a little silly. You might not like the phone, but: a) Teens have a right to be consumers too. b) Teens spend a ton of money - not just the phones but the minutes and messaging plans. c) That spending goes to VZW's bottom line, which means they have more money to develop and implement higher-line phones and the network required to make them run more smoothly.

The mass market devices, while they might nor be for you, are what allow you to ultimately enjoy what you really want. I guarantee, those silly devices are funding you, you're not funding them.

Upvote 0
This is getting absurd. Does anyone over the age of 14 actually care about these two new worthless devices introduced today?

Verizon has until 30 days before the Sprint EVO 4G drops to release the Incredible or it loses a veeerrrry long time customer.

When the Incredible finally comes out, it will immediately be completely overshadowed by the Sprint EVO 4G. Not to mention Sprint's pricing plans are much cheaper (I realize there may be a cost for 4G added -- but even factoring that in).

I share your frustration, absurd is a perfect word. If its end of June, then it comes down to service quality and service plan value. I'm staying positive because we as consumers will have choices soon.

Upvote 0
And just how big would this news be, if it pans out?

Eh, sorry, but i don't think it's a good idea for me to go down this path...ratings, ranking, etc...

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

In the interst of keeping all sources on an even keel, I consider any information passed on to this community in confidence to be AWESOME!

Lets just wait and see...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones