• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's very reasonable to say.

By the way, just a general comment..

It's a bit tough to be a general participant on this thread if every word is scrutinized.
Just giving you guys a little insight that some of us staff (Guide's, Mod's, etc...) wouldn't mind simply participating in the thread too but it seems like it's pins and needles if anything is said by a person who's "color" is different.

Seriously though...sometimes i'm just trying to participate and cut up a bit with you guys.

You should feel no need to explain yourself, keep up the good work and I for one appreciate all the info, and to be honest, knowing that this thing isn't coming out today, I like the games and suspense you create...
Strong work sir...

Screw 'em if they can't take a joke....

Upvote 0
I too am frustrated with the lack of a release date. However, I can understand from the Verizon executives for not releasing information. They simply want their sales people left in the dark. They want to sell phones today. They don't want them telling people to come back in a few weeks. Yes there are a ton of customers screaming and yelling. However, I bet there are more people unaware about new phones, that are willing to buy the minute they step into the store. These people out number us. It's sad yes, but it's the way of life. Money comes first for these big companies.

Upvote 0
For peeps complaining about Verizon, the grass is always greener: I am on Tmo:

1. You all have Droid and we have the Cliq (jeesh)
2. Have HD2, but on a soon dead OS with no Flash 10.1 support and many reports of lagging UI.
3. Tmo version of the TP2 has no 3.5mm audio jack
4. Most of Tmo devices use three year old hardware (7200 series chipset)
5. 3G has weak coverage areas and is very laggy connecting to sites compared to Verizon 3G. I have a G1 and N900 and both are laggy with 3G.
6. 2G coverage and data have looong gaps for no coverage. We went to Cedar Point and had almost 40 miles of no coverage coming from the west of the area. Verizon had 3G in the same area, for gosh sake.

You're leaving out one important fact: You have no-contract plans so you can leave at any time.

Upvote 0
Yes, that's very reasonable to say.

By the way, just a general comment...
It's a bit tough to be a general participant on this thread if every word is scrutinized. When i posted the "blank" (white font) post, it was just because i heard the quote this morning, reminded me of the good book (Somethign Wicked This Way Comes), thought it kinda pertained to our situation and play on words and various definitions of "wicked", and the post had nothing to do with anything cryptic or anything, just having some fun. In fact it wasn't even related to the news i was able to share just a few minutes later.

Just giving you guys a little insight that some of us staff (Guide's, Mod's, etc...) wouldn't mind simply participating in the thread too but it seems like it's pins and needles if anything is said by a person who's "color" is different. Oh snap, stop being racist! lol Stop profiling me! j/k:cool:

Seriously though...sometimes i'm just trying to participate and cut up a bit with you guys.

I think the vast majority of us took it as a joke...especially those of us that have been around for a while. Some folks just need to relax a little and keep in mind that there is no trouble discerning when Anonimac is getting ready to post some potentially valuable info; he always precedes it with: "I am getting ready to post some info as soon as it is vetted" "or as soon as I get it watermarked." When he does post information, it isn't like it is absent of 20pt font and exclamation marks either.

The last thing I really want to see are the couple of posts that insinuate that he is somehow letting us down. If it weren't for him, we'd all be waiting for week old news or random speculation on the blog sites.

Reactions: DobbsianYeti
Upvote 0
Kappy, are you still in State College? I just want to make sure I get to Verizon before you to increase my chances of getting one. .

haha nah, but I am driving out there the night before launch day JUST to get one before you... :p :D

Nah I'm stuck at *hitty home in NE PA, I'll be going to my local VZW store or BJ's Wholesale to snag it.

EDIT: however, if I were out there I'd say we hit up Champs for lunch after!!! :)

Upvote 0
Is this like the time a cop joined us in doing doughnuts in the mall parking lot? :D
A cop would be alot more likely to join you eating doughnuts, but to each their own ;)

Hopefully we can get some good news soon, my birthday was yesterday and one of my presents was money towards the Incredible. Now I just play the waiting game

Upvote 0
ok, so this brings up a topic i've been kinda discussing with a few other folks (staff)...

It's actually kinda depressing...we'd like to participate more in threads but the "presence" of a Mod or whatever seems to make people uneasy...like something's "going on"...or they're there to discipline someone...or we're about to get shut down...etc... And it's not nearly as bad for me as a Guide vs. Mod (i can't even imagine what it's like for Phases!)

Anyways...just sayin', when i started this thread, it was to be a general participant, community member, etc... I certainly don't mind the role i'm in, i enjoy it, i think it's helpful to our little community, we have some good sources now who trust that i'll keep their identity in confidence as they give us good information (a lot of it exclusive), etc... but in some ways I do feel more detached from just chatting, funny comments, etc... Sometimes i'd love to just RIP INTO some people for some comments or whatever but end up swallowing some pride, taking a step back, and either saying nothing or coming up with a measured response that is in the best interest of the thread, forum, and overall community...

ok, "Anonimac's Couch" is over...sorry...just speaking "from the heart" to the extent that's possible digitally.

Translating feelings into 1's and 0's = FAIL.

Upvote 0
ok, so this brings up a topic i've been kinda discussing with a few other folks (staff)...

It's actually kinda depressing...we'd like to participate more in threads but the "presence" of a Mod or whatever seems to make people uneasy...like something's "going on"...or they're there to discipline someone...or we're about to get shut down...etc... And it's not nearly as bad for me as a Guide vs. Mod (i can't even imagine what it's like for Phases!)

I think most of us are comfortable to speak our minds on a mature level with you around. (or any mod for that matter) Just ban the ones who wanna argue/rant with others I'm sure we'd all back you here. :D

Upvote 0

Anyways...just sayin', when i started this thread, it was to be a general participant, community member, etc... I certainly don't mind the role i'm in, i enjoy it, i think it's helpful to our little community, we have some good sources now who trust that i'll keep their identity in confidence as they give us good information (a lot of it exclusive), etc... but in some ways I do feel more detached from just chatting, funny comments, etc... Sometimes i'd love to just RIP INTO some people for some comments or whatever but end up swalling some pride, taking a step back, and either saying nothing or coming up with measures response that is in the best interest of the thread, forum, and overall community...

ok, "Anonimac's Couch" is over...sorry...just speaking "from the heart" to the extent that's possible digitally.

If everybody here did that, we'd never have the problems we've seen in the past.

Upvote 0

Anyways...just sayin', when i started this thread, it was to be a general participant, community member, etc... I certainly don't mind the role i'm in, i enjoy it, i think it's helpful to our little community, we have some good sources now who trust that i'll keep their identity in confidence as they give us good information (a lot of it exclusive), etc... but in some ways I do feel more detached from just chatting, funny comments, etc... Sometimes i'd love to just RIP INTO some people for some comments or whatever but end up swalling some pride, taking a step back, and either saying nothing or coming up with measures response that is in the best interest of the thread, forum, and overall community...

I can relate - I'm a mod on another site and sometimes I hate just sitting on the sidelines. I cope by telling myself that "I'm helping to enrich and better the community".

Either way, thanks for your hard work in keeping this monster thread relatively on topic :)

Speaking of "on topic", I'm wondering if Google will release Flash 10.1 at the I/O conference. They're going to be doing Android and multimedia stuff there, so it wouldn't be totally random.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones