• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure my Incredible's complaints will be along the lines of
"You pressed 4 icons at once...your fingers are too fat.....good bye" then sprout its internal wings and fire its booster rockets. I hope I am not putting this phone too high on a pedestal.
"The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."

Upvote 0
Anybody else see this? I'm surprised no one picked up on this...it seems mcbtrain929 is in contact with him. Incredible on the 26th of march?

lol. i messaged him and said "is this like the passion you lied about?" if you look at his earlier tweets (he doesnt have many), he was spouting about having knowledge about the passion coming out in january. so his response is either mocking me, or admitting he's full of shit.

Upvote 0
Thanks, here's my last rant for the day!!!

What makes a GREAT phone in my opinion...

I'm a graphic designer by night and think I have knack for aesthetics. I'm a fairly anal-retentive person so I like my gadgets in perfect condition, all the time. So now that you understand a bit of where I'm coming from...here's what I think is needed for the "perfect phone."

As of right now, the closest to a "perfect" phone is the iPhone. However, it is getting dated...quickly. The chrome bezel HAS TO GO, it's a bit to thick and the screen has crap resolution. The OS is looking dated as well, it's is in dire needs of a refresh, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Based on that... here's what the phone needs to capture the attention of the masses:

- Huge, vivid screen. Has to be at least 3.7" and at least the resolution of the N1, anything less -- crap. The seal has to be excellent, because I do not tolerate dust under the screen (IMO the Droid has the best screen on the market at this time).
- Haptic buttons, no physical buttons on the front of the device. Physical buttons break and collect dust in their seams, they're ugly.
- Same or similar button layout of the Droid (power button on top, vol up/down buttons and a camera button. Make the clicks solid and crisp, without any play in them. (the Droid suffers horribly with button play).
- Keep the device not much larger than the viewing area of the screen, I hate seeing blank space, leave enough room for the speakers, the antenna and the microphone, nothing more.
- Speaker - the Droid has an exceptional speaker...loud, clear, crisp. Anything less should not even be considered.
- No physical keyboard. While i like having one, they are never implemented properly. I hate any play in my devices, they have to feel PERECTLY well built, i hate hearing clicking when i tap on a corner of the screen, thing like that. I don't see anyway to avoid these issues, so leave the physical keyboard out all together.
- Smooth. It has to feel good in the hand, i like a glossy back, it just feels "nice." I also would like it to be as scratch resistance as possible, because I do not like cluttering up the device with a case.
- Quality camera... let's face it, the cell phone is something we have nearly everywhere we go, we need it to take pictures worth keeping or videos worth sharing. The quality and responsiveness of the camera needs to be top notch.
- Less is more. Less things to detract attention from the overall look, keep the colors basic, not too many logos or seams, etc. (N1 has the look if there was no trackball and the height of the phone was shortened a bit).
- Customizeable, why not! People like to modify things they own to make them theirs. This is why we offer our Colorlays for the Droid (GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!.... I think the Incredible would do great allowing the customer to choose colors for the battery cover. Personally I love the edgieness of the Red...but others may not. So sell them for $30 a pop and make some money off people who want to customize!

To me...at this point, the Incredible has everything needed to be a great phone, but until we see more and actually touch and feel it, i'm not sure if it will be that "perfect" phone.

Ok, I loved every sugggestion here and would add that 4.3 or even bigger would be my preference. I would also like to see the ability to support and full keyboard/mouse/monitor set of connections. The HDMI on the new Moto is extremely attractive to me. add a keyboard and I have a PC replacement. FOr those that aren't aware, Citrix has their Receiver client available for iPhone, iPad, BB and Android, which will allow you to run a full Win XP/Vista/7 desktop from your phone, providing your company has XenDesktop deployed.

Just like we have seen computing move from Desktops to laptops and now netbooks, we WILL see it move to the phones. The phone CPU is faster than any PC CPU was, just a few years ago. Running applications remotely that are in a corp data center, requires very little CPU, so even our existing slow phones are more than capable of running a remote/virtual desktop.

Within a year or less, there will be plenty of companies hosting full virtual desktops, like Amazon is doing for remote virtual servers. very cheap and easy to manage. So, any of us will be able to ditch our 5lb laptops and just use 5oz phones.

I think Bluetooth keyboards and mice may be the way to go, rather than a physical connection, but that means more years of delay.

I hope I am not rambling, but just wanted to share what I see as the future for mobility.

Thanks BR for your posts.

Upvote 0
Berryscoop has since updated the story they ran about the Eris being replaced by the Incredible:
Update: I have never seen people get so bent out of shape over a rumor. Truly amazes me. I want to clarify, since some people seem to not understand, that end-of-life simply means that Verizon will no longer be placing orders for the Eris. It does not mean that come April 1st the Eris will be pulled off of shelves and no longer available, other carriers handle end-of-life differently but this is how Verizon handles it. If there is stock in the warehouse it will still be on shelves. Also, when I say “Incredible is expected to launch around that same date” that doesn’t mean before the end of March as some other sites have decided to put it. That means, it will launch around April 1st. Enough said.
They emphasis "around" instead of "on" April 1st

Upvote 0
I tend to look at this a little differently. I like the idea of the sum of all Android phones rivaling (or surpassing) the iPhone. That's the beauty of giving consumers many phone choices and not just "here's your phone (iPhone), hope you like it"...

More like, "Here's your phone. Take it or we're going to sue whomever you buy yours from.", and "Here's your network. Too freakin' bad if it's spotty".

Reactions: DroidInJax
Upvote 0
I spoke with my VZW manager/friend again today to see if he had anything to share. Here's how the following texts went, verbatim:

Me: With the Eris going EOL, are you getting the Incredible on April 1st?

Him: No one is talking.

Me: Is this normal prior to a new release?

Him: Nope. They're going out of their way to keep this one under wraps until the last minute - much more so than the Droid release. It's puzzling, to say the least.

Upvote 0
I would suggest that as we get closer to the 23rd that we start a separate thread that just deals with "release date". No real discussion...just post your info...be it rumor or whatever....all things that deal with "when". it might help those who don't want to keep up with the 10,000 posts this will become over the next few weeks.

just a thought.....

Upvote 0
I would suggest that as we get closer to the 23rd that we start a separate thread that just deals with "release date". No real discussion...just post your info...be it rumor or whatever....all things that deal with "when". it might help those who don't want to keep up with the 10,000 posts this will become over the next few weeks.

just a thought.....

It's a good idea and also no one is stopping you from doing such ;)

Upvote 0
I spoke with my VZW manager/friend again today to see if he had anything to share. Here's how the following texts went, verbatim:

Me: With the Eris going EOL, are you getting the Incredible on April 1st?

Him: No one is talking.

Me: Is this normal prior to a new release?

Him: Nope. They're going out of their way to keep this one under wraps until the last minute - much more so than the Droid release. It's puzzling, to say the least.

Have you tried threatening his life? ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones