• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How in gods green earth, do I get 200 contacts, plus addresses, calender etc off a bb pearl flip, and onto an incredible? I am going into best buy this afternoon to get it, someone help me out please!

I don't have the exact instructions but you can google it pretty easy. There is a program, like gmail sync, or something. You create a csv file on your PC then this program converts and you send it to you phone. I don't remember exactly, but it's pretty easy. I'm sure someone here will give better directions, but don't worry, it's really a piece of cake.

Upvote 0
But nothing says you can only access an email account with one client... I've setup my Incredible to use the gmail application, and to sync the Sense integrated mail application once a day via POP, so I have the sense integrated mail search, pinch to zoom, etc.. (read about someone doing that somewhere on this forum and decided to give it a try - it's seems like a good solution so far).

Why do you want to manage the same email twice on the same device?

Upvote 0
Looks like it has been a crazy ride. Today is going to be an awesome day since mine is at the dest sort center early this morning.

All I can say is I plan on staying a member of this forum. Thanks to everyone who provided leaked info and gave answers to people's questions about this amazing phone.

On a side note, those who have battery issues might want to plan on purchasing the extended battery when it is released. No ETA yet, just keep checking the web or your local stores. Since the phone is a bit thinner then I was thinking it would be, I am planning on purchasing one.

Congrates HTC & Verizon for making a home run with this phone.

Upvote 0
I love this phone, I got it last night. I ordered it very early on the 19th. The picture is crystal clear. Linking all my gmail contacts with Facebook contacts was sort of a pain. The camera is going to take some getting used to. I also got the black and red gradient case. My screen covers from Zagg have not come yet and I am a little P.O.'d because I ordered them a week ago. Everything else is going smoothly. My first smart phone so no complaints here.

Upvote 0
I'd just like to say I told you so. :) Although I wasn't exactly right, Wirefly has the Incredible for $149 today and Amazon has it for $99. Yes, I realize that some people got $99 because of NE2, but I am switching over from AT&T. By waiting until today, I will be saving $100 and have the phone almost as soon as those who paid $200.

Typical Yankee fan!

Upvote 0
so i went to the salem new hampshire verizon wireless store. returned that Eris, and got the incredible.

The store was all decked out for the release. Employees wearing HTC droid shirts. Plenty of accessories to buy. not much of a wait. they had more than "a couple dozen" of the phones in stock

Standing by the doors waiting for them to open i saw a guy standing there. We had a conversation about phones and he said he was coming for the incredible. I asked him what his screen name on android forums was. We both had a good chuckle. He didn't tell me his name.

Also, I saw a FedEx truck on the side of the road leakng fluids. hope that doesn't ruin someones day.

This whole post, from my incredible.

What an awesome thursday. Thanks guys. You all rock!

EDIT: I DIDNT GET A SD CARD!!!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD......

ANOTHER EDIT: Called 611. There going to send me out one.

Upvote 0
So 2 weeks ago I got an offer in the mail for an early upgrade with $50 off the NE2 price, with a special number to call. Tried as soon as pre-orders were available, but the nice lady on the phone would not let me pre-order and get the savings.

So I waited until today. Went by the local Verizon store, played with it and tried the keyboard breifly. Gorgeous, fast, easy to type on (better than my Storm, guess that may not be too high a bar :)

Tried to get the store people to match the $50 extra discount, and they said no. So finally I've placed a phone order and they think it might ship today and arrive Monday. Overnight was not an option. Argh! Well, what's a few more days.

I will say those couple minutes with the Incredible in the store really impressed me. It is thin, light, and all around seems like an amazing phone.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

So after a major malfunction by my FedEx driver yesterday, I drove half an hour last night to pick it up.

Let me just say that NONE of the photos online, not even the close up, hi-res ones do this phone justice. Before picking it up, I was expecting a "meh" phone (I would have happily picked up a Nexus One based on looks alone). I was wrong.

It's so much smaller and lightweight than you'd expect and even the "race car" back looks amazingly good. I was expecting the camera to be this giant protrusion on the back, but in reality, it hardly sticks out much at all.

The UI is nice and (even for an iPhone user) takes a while to adjust to.

The screen is amazingly sharp and clear. Colors are vivid. Blows the iPhone out of the water.

The general "feel" of Android is still pre-release to me. It's quality yes, but applications and the OS itself don't seem to gel as well as Apple's solution. I guess this is a side effect of having such an open platform and I'm sure this will change as Android gets more popular (thank you Verizon)

Awesome phone, no doubt about it and I'm very happy.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

So after a major malfunction by my FedEx driver yesterday, I drove half an hour last night to pick it up.

Let me just say that NONE of the photos online, not even the close up, hi-res ones do this phone justice. Before picking it up, I was expecting a "meh" phone (I would have happily picked up a Nexus One based on looks alone). I was wrong.

It's so much smaller and lightweight than you'd expect and even the "race car" back looks amazingly good. I was expecting the camera to be this giant protrusion on the back, but in reality, it hardly sticks out much at all.

The UI is nice and (even for an iPhone user) takes a while to adjust to.

The screen is amazingly sharp and clear. Colors are vivid. Blows the iPhone out of the water.

The general "feel" of Android is still pre-release to me. It's quality yes, but applications and the OS itself don't seem to gel as well as Apple's solution. I guess this is a side effect of having such an open platform and I'm sure this will change as Android gets more popular (thank you Verizon)

Awesome phone, no doubt about it and I'm very happy.
Damn I felt just like you about this phone, Sold my Motorola Droid a week ago to help purchase this phone, it's been a long week without my Superphone ;) and I've been up since 8am today anticipating its arrival and now after reading your comment i'm even more anxious to get it, although I did like how heavy and solid my Droid was so hopefully plastic and light wont feel cheap to me. COME ON FED EX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones