• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are my EXACT thoughts for the past couple of days in this thread. So this site comes out of nowhere with no sources cited and says that the HTC Incredible will be released in June and everyone wants to buy into it? Well, if that's how little evidence you all need, then why not just believe Newsradio (who was completely without evidence) who said that the Incredible is completely made up and does not and will never exist. That kind of statement holds the same weight as that site holds. Completely unfounded and without citation = me not giving their specs, predictions and/or release date the time of day. Wait till MWC and then we'll start to make our minds up. That site doesn't know what they're talking about. Guarantee.

Yeah....good point!

Upvote 0
Those are my EXACT thoughts for the past couple of days in this thread. So this site comes out of nowhere with no sources cited and says that the HTC Incredible will be released in June and everyone wants to buy into it? Well, if that's how little evidence you all need, then why not just believe Newsradio (who was completely without evidence) who said that the Incredible is completely made up and does not and will never exist. That kind of statement holds the same weight as that site holds. Completely unfounded and without citation = me not giving their specs, predictions and/or release date the time of day. Wait till MWC and then we'll start to make our minds up. That site doesn't know what they're talking about. Guarantee.

you mean newsradio was full of crap? :) I didnt mean to cause a S-Storm with that post, I was just tossing out the site that came up on an email alert-- out to the forum to see if anyone had any experience with that site, knowing their track record, etc. I figure between all of us here on the forum, we can cover a lot of ground on the internet.

I'm not freaking out one bit, I'm hopeful for a March/April release, and if not, I may check the N1 out, presuming it comes out sooner. As much as I need a new phone, its just a phone... (but it would definitely suck if this thing comes in June!) :D

I know the VZ opening splash thing is on the device already which may be a good sign, but how about the lack of VZ branding? My guess is that's not a big hold up... so we have just as much evidence pointing towards march/april, if not more, than we do June.

Upvote 0
I'd like to rant here for a second. I think it is stupid that HTC's Sense wastes the third button on the bottom widget for adding another widget.

Since there is no dedicated camera launcher button that's what it should be. If I want to add a widget I long press empty space on the screen so they aren't making much of a short cut. They obviously realized it was smart to have a phone button on every home scree, why not a camera button as well.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
now that i'm done sniffing glue, there's no way this phone (desire) is coming to verizon. Why would they release this and the incredible at the same time.

I hope the Incredible has the same specs as this phone. Wouldn't it be cool if that leaked pics of the Incredible was actually the bravo in a weird case or with an extended battery attached?

Upvote 0
Wow the incredible looks like a turd when compared with those renders of the Desire (bravo). I am officially going N1 or Desire. I remember hearing something about a Desire and verizon a little while back... Could this be it ?

true, code name desire was pegged for VZ I believe.. turned out to be the eris or so we thought... but not sure what to make of incredible then. Why would 2 similar devices be lining up for VZ? I'm doubting that. Lets see what Nash, Ruben and some of the other more experienced folks have to say...

Upvote 0
Yes im curious to see what they have to say as well. I was not following the HTC phone craze when the eris was released so i was unaware where the desire for verizon stemmed from. I do remember hearing or reading something about a Desire on verizon, So lets just hope that they wanted to save that name for something more...Desirable...

All I can say is that this Desire looks incredible :). Pretty impressive to be more incredible than the incredible itself.

Upvote 0
Yes im curious to see what they have to say as well. I was not following the HTC phone craze when the eris was released so i was unaware where the desire for verizon stemmed from. I do remember hearing or reading something about a Desire on verizon, So lets just hope that they wanted to save that name for something more...Desirable...

All I can say is that this Desire looks incredible :). Pretty impressive to be more incredible than the incredible itself.

maybe we all incorrectly presumed that the eris was the desire, simply because of the backward spelling thing...

Upvote 0
Wow! This is exciting!

I am good for:
N1, Incredible, or Desire....which ever is available first I am getting! Though, as someone mentioned, not seeing 720p recording. There should be some really good news for us tomorrow morning when we wake up (unless you are up at around 3:30am tomorrow to find out live what HTC has to offer!).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones