• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice there are no posts from NKT, Anonimac, Kcroan (is that right) or Apang? I be they are all sitting in a room together laughing at our collective a$$es about the fake Incredible phone they came up with :D

Actually all of them have posted today. And if anybody's gonna give us the direct feed when things are finally announced I expect it to be Anonimac. I'm standing behind our sources, and really did anyone expect to have this in their hands today :rolleyes:...really what's another day or two.
I'm looking at all the whining and complaining, not to mention all the folks that are ready to pack up their toys and head for Sprint, as pure comedy.

It's not even half time yet!!! Plenty of show left.

Upvote 0
WOW! looking on Engadget it seems Sprint certainly did bend Verizon over today. I hope they have balls enough to fight back!

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Sprint stuck it to Verizon. Yes, they unveiled an awesome phone but their network still sucks. Unless they are gonna step up their network then Verizon and the Incredible still have the opportunity to blow them out of the water.

Upvote 0
It feels as if we are all waiting for the Great Pumpkin! There are Linus's out there and I think I am a Sally.
OMG, I was just looking for an image of the scene where Sally abandon's Linus in the pumpkin patch and he goes on his rant about how the Great Pumpkin will arrive and bring toys and goodies to those that abide faithfully. I feel some here are becoming deluded to the point that they are grasping at straws trying to convince themselves that there's still hope of this phone being announced at CTIA. I'm long past that point. This has been an exercise in futility and I'm no longer going to drink the Kool-Aid.

In trade shows such as these if you've got a major announcement to deliver you come out with both guns blazin' the first day and capture the media's attention. Sprint receives high marks today for having accopmlished just that and having the show stopper of all show stoppers. I seriously doubt the Incredible or whatever the hell it will be called when its released will measure up and will be viewed as an also-ran at this point.

But does Verizon really care? Nope. It all goes back to the mantra they've trumpeted now for years.......it's all about the network and we are fools to think otherwise.

So while subscribers from all the other major carriers are basking in the glow of the recently announced phones coming to their respective networks, Verizon subscribers are left licking their wounds yet again for having missed out.

Should HTC announce the Incredible tomorrow will I be happy, sure, but not as happy as I would have been today.

Reactions: malcontent510
Upvote 0
Honestly, if you look at how they're releasing recent phones, have you seen any with problems? Have any been as bad as the Storm since then? The Storm was supposed to be a huge flagship phone, but Blackberry made a terrible device and their software updates were never up to VZW's standards so it was barely ever updated. I know this phone will be as good, if not better, than any other phone we've seen released. Basically, I'm expecting this phone to come out perfect when it's out. The only problem is that VZW takes their time when it comes to testing/deciding when to market it/releasing it. I'm glad they take their time in that first aspect, but they need to realize consumers don't want to wait for an amazing phone to come out in ten months when they can easily jump ship to a different device on any other network that really tops what VZW offers.

Oh, I agree. Haven't seen anything from VZW with as many problems as the Storm since... uh, the Storm. I think they tried to rush it out to please consumers instead of waiting until it was fully tested to release it and we ended up with a POS instead of something great.

So I'm also hopeful that the delay on the Incredible means it will be perfect! :)

Upvote 0
I am going to cry. My husband said I could get the Incredible when it comes. I was ready to wait a while longer. Now I will be forced to pick from what they have now. My son just broke my BB. I could deal with the issues before but now no phone...I'm a stay at home mom with no land line and I can't drive. Cr@p. So much for getting an Incredible.

Edit: It is so not my day....

Reactions: Sensei Passion
Upvote 0
I'm still trying to decide if I should go pick up a Droid tonight or keep waiting. My Touch Pro has been dead for about a week now so I need a new phone, but I can get a Droid for $5 more than my insurance claim would cost for a TP.

With my luck, I'll get the droid w/ a 30 day return policy today and the Incredible will go on sale May 1.

Upvote 0
I am going to cry. My husband said I could get the Incredible when it comes. I was ready to wait a while longer. Now I will be forced to pick from what they have now. My son just broke my BB. I could deal with the issues before but now no phone...I'm a stay at hoe mom with no land line and I can't drive. Cr@p. So much for getting an Incredible.

I believe i would edit this fast!:eek:

Upvote 0
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no thanks, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"you see the industry was like the puppy that lost his way"....

Upvote 0
Notice there are no posts from NKT, Anonimac, Kcroan (is that right) or Apang? I be they are all sitting in a room together laughing at our collective a$$es about the fake Incredible phone they came up with :D

I'm not going anywhere guy! I'm here, i'm with you, it's not like like i want the phone any less than you (i started this thread while you were still mixing around in dad's scrotum...ok, that was really just thrown in for effect, lol), and it's not like i'm holding it right now laughing about how you don't have it! I invest a TON of my personal time (and money might I add) to support this community and thread and even given this gutch punch today i'm NOWHERE CLOSE to giving up, relenting, jumping ship, becoming negative, etc...

This is the time to truly show your devotion to this community and our shared common interests by lifting people up and keeping the attitude positive and forward-looking.

Now pardon me while i got back to doing what i was doing before i took time out to post this, which is chasing people down who were/are at the conference and trying to figure out what happened.

Upvote 0
Linus you idiot...there is no new phone coming out for verizon!!! Get a life you loser!!!!

Attachments

• angry.jpg
    angry.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
I am going to cry. My husband said I could get the Incredible when it comes. I was ready to wait a while longer. Now I will be forced to pick from what they have now. My son just broke my BB. I could deal with the issues before but now no phone...I'm a stay at hoe mom with no land line and I can't drive. Cr@p. So much for getting an Incredible.

Fingers crossed for the 30 day return policy to work!

Upvote 0
The funny thing is, I have three VZW people asking ME what happened today and WHY the Incredible didn't drop. They all know it exists - no one's denying anything to me about it being out there - it's just very bewildering to everyone as to what the Verizon execs must be thinking right now. You can't go into the Superbowl and expect to win by just kicking field goals all day. You've gotta have that big TD!

One text that I did get from my manager friend at the VZW store simply said, "It's Sprint's day today. We'll have ours." While that sorta makes sense, you also have to think of it from HTC's standpoint. HTC is the biggest up-and-coming player in the mobile device field and it's nothing but advantageous for them to have their products announced and drawn out slowwwwly - giving adequate time for each of their new devices to soak up the media's spotlight. If I ran HTC, I'd sure as hell want to save my very best, most elite device for last - to blow the doors off the place, and to leave the public amazed and wondering what we might have coming out by next year's CTIA - no doubt about it. I could be wrong, but I bet the rest of you would as well. Tomorrow's a new day - I'm still as stoked as ever! It's just half time!

Upvote 0

VZW has a 30 day worry free guarantee. So if they come out with the Incredible during your 30 day period, you can exchange.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why everyone thinks that Sprint stuck it to Verizon. Yes, they unveiled an awesome phone but their network still sucks. Unless they are gonna step up their network then Verizon and the Incredible still have the opportunity to blow them out of the water.

I don't believe the average consumer really cares about a network. Look at all the people with Iphones -- Network sucks but everyone and their dog has one. To most it's not about the network....it's about the cool phone the network is on. When all the Iphone people flash their fancy devices, I want a device that will at least MATCH theirs -- Not a piece of crap and an assurance about my network. I wish Verizon would learn this lesson. They were in a position to slap down the Incredible and yell, "Godzilla ain't got nothing on me!" Instead, hey we got skype on Thursday. Internet phone service on a device that is already a phone....like a bathtub with a sink in it. This is why I am jacked. Certainly Verizon has better spies than we do and they knew this would happen, why did they let it?

Upvote 0
HTC isn't going to announce the Incredible now that Sprint has announced the EVO and HTC is posting it all over the place. Best we can hope for is a CTIA day 2 release or something else......maybe this weekend.

Oh well. Not sure why I expected anything less from Verizon. They have never been very good at this kind of thing so why would they change now?

Look at it from HTC's perspective. Announce 2 great devices on the same day and have nothing for the next 2 days, OR announce a great device on day 1 and then another one on day 2 after the uproar about the first device dies down. HTC comes out looking like a huge winner after grabbing the main attention for 2 straight days.

Maybe Sprint outbid Verizon for the day 1 announcement (if it was in HTC's control). Perhaps Verizon is saving that money for something else for the device currently known as Incredible, maybe that certain something we have been told exists but we can't be told about, like an included 32 GB microSD card. Or maybe Verizon wanted to wait until day 2 to be able to say "We have a great device too. Oh, and by the way, unlike the EVO it's FCC approved, works on the nation's largest network, and you can buy it NOW!"

Disclaimer: The only info I have is from what has been discussed already in this forum. The above is just speculation. Just in case some website starts publishing this info.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones