• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but since there's no breaking news right now... All you google voice users how do you like it? Also if anyone has an extra invite I'd like to try it out.

it's great! Haven't used it a lot though, as I only have the Dare :mad: Only 1 of my friends has the number, but it's cool cause I can sit in my Comp classes and look like I'm doing the labs, but I'm really texting him.:cool:

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this video has been posted on this forum before, but the person who uploaded this one is the same one that uploaded the other 2 oneniner posted earlier.

YouTube - HTC Incredible testing video under low light

Long time lurked here. In fact i am cptmurf1 from the Ctia Inc spotting tweet.
Pretty sure this vid is of the EVO. No trackpad. Notice Sprint taped over. Also, the vid poster tends to FB and tweet about WiMax and 4g.

Reactions: dbgoolsby
Upvote 0
Forums that allow a few ass kissers to kill solid debate or censor people that call "bullshit" always die a slow death.

I am a member of 30+ forums. The ones I have been a member of for the longest or who have the largest member base have all but died. All that is left are the ass kissers. They sit around wondering why the membership has fallen off.

I suggested creating a forum where members can settle issues. Call it "The Pit". This can be a place that all beef gets settled.

More members = More problems.

there was no problem calling bullsh*t or saying he lied... it was the all out obnoxious 4 pages of bull sh*t

but yes i agree if a few bully others there will be a slow death but I mean shit we are talking about one thread on a huge ass forum!!! so none of this applies

Upvote 0
Long time lurked here. In fact i am cptmurf1 from the Ctia Inc spotting tweet.
Pretty sure this vid is of the EVO. No trackpad. Notice Sprint taped over. Also, the vid poster tends to FB and tweet about WiMax and 4g.

HTC is in the wrong place, as well as the tape is covering up the LED light, not Sprint branding. I asked this same thing a long time ago when the video was first released.

Upvote 0
So I stopped by to talk to my local "VZ Guy" and went to his station in the back and he was busy with another customer. So I went to the other 4 employees that were milling around behind the desk and asked so I've got some questions about new phones coming out and almost simultaneously they said "We don't have/carry the Nexus One!". So I close my eyes and tilt my head back and then say "I know that you don't sell the Nexus One and wouldn't come here to ask you about it." So one guy pipes up (who I've talked to before when the Droid came out and has been a pretty cool guy) and says "Are you talking about the 'snapdragon CPU. phone' The Incredible" so I say "Yes". The other three kind of back away and so I start telling him that my usual buddy who I've gotten info from (the one that was helping the costumer) was telling me about it on the 12 of March. Meanwhile y buddy got done with the customer and the current guy I was talking to asked my buddy "hey do you have more info on the Incredible?". At that point I walkover and talk to my buddy. the other people piped in a few times when he started talking about release times and I just kept telling them that I wasn't as interested about release dates. but perhaps some release specs. Any way this is getting to hard to keep up the conversational style so I'll just list points.

1.Why no CTIA announcement: Because of the MotoDroid coming out not that long ago. It would have killed any sales they hoped to have with it and it is the most purchased Android phone thus far. You don't kill your cash Cow till it stops producing milk. Basically it was a difficult business decision. which to any one who's been involved in project management it makes perfect sense.

2 Specs: Nothing we haven't already heard but that it was amazing (dare I say "Incredible") (I had to It was getting a little bit too serious.)

3.Hows the testing going: his contact hasn't told him anything other than it's a great phone and he's had no complaints.

4.Release Date: He's seen a few execs with it but that it's being kept pretty tight to the vest. Imminent though, "Weeks" were his words.Then he said "Perhaps mid-April early-May".

5. The Box (not to start any fights): I told him our little fiasco and his reply was "that makes sense since that kind of box should only have gone to a store that has execs on site. So it would have made the Rep look incompetent that it got shipped to another site and that some Exec was waiting for his new 'Perk phone'."

Hope that helps

I'm sure that I forgot some details which I'll drop in when I remember them.

Upvote 0
there was no problem calling bullsh*t or saying he lied... it was the all out obnoxious 4 pages of bull sh*t

but yes i agree if a few bully others there will be a slow death but I mean shit we are talking about one thread on a huge ass forum!!! so none of this applies

It totally applies. Do you think the ass kissers in this thread only come here? Not the case.

Example: Another forum I'm a member of had a group of 30 guys that became friends. They took over 1 specific sub-forum and attacked every new person who entered. Caused the forum to lose a lot of good members to a competing site. These 30 guys caused to such trouble that the entire sub-forum was deleted and all of them were banned for life.

The same thing can easily happen here but the people leaving and getting banned are the ones NOT kissing ass.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones