• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Let's discuss the new Hangouts App!

2 questions

#1. My wife can't see the font without glasses, anyway to change font size?

#2 As mentioned above, any way to get a notification instead of just a tone? My wife liked popups or just a symbol on the app to show there was a message.

#1: When you go into your wife's phone settings and into Accessibility, do you have an option to make the text bigger? I wouldn't be able to see a thing without that (or a magnifying glass!).

#2: Not sure why this was overlooked, and I hope they change it before they send out the 4.4 OTA update.

I feel like this thing with removing Message.apk is like Microsoft removing the Start button, and I think to myself "Didn't we Deja this Poo?"

Upvote 0
Well, instead of only showing the contacts I've actually authorized to contact me, like with Google Talk, it shows everyone I've ever had contact with, even on Google +. So to find the person I want to talk to, I have to scroll through a huge list of people to find them. And then, it's difficult to tell if that person is even online.

Have you tried it lately? They changed so that you can change your status and see other's status once again. This was the big hangup for me and why I never upgraded Talk to Hangouts until recently when they finally fixed that.

Upvote 0
Have you tried it lately? They changed so that you can change your status and see other's status once again. This was the big hangup for me and why I never upgraded Talk to Hangouts until recently when they finally fixed that.

I have, and it shows people online who aren't actually online, and doesn't show some who are. It's *better*, but it's still not good enough for me. They took something that worked, and they broke it, in my opinion.

I understand where they're trying to go with it, but I wish they had created a new app for those who want video and SMS integration; I just want the simple IM app that Talk used to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones