• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official List of Post 2.0.1 Issues

Other issues that didn't exist for me prior to 2.0.1...
1) dialer force close, 3 times today so far
2) screen goes black, will not respond (got email notifications and pandora continued to stream), required battery pull
3) 3 minute load time for almost all browsing pages, in 3g with 3 bars
4) upon restarting, no signal for calls or browser

Upvote 0
geez, seems like a lot of ppl are having random problems. wonder if it has to with certain apps ppl are using...might be giving weird errors depending on the app.

everything works fine for me except the browser lag. i'm on home++ and swiping between screens, pulling out the app drawer and scrolling through it is incredibly smooth. even much smoother than the updated stock home. which i find very weird. how does a 3rd party app manage to optimize the phone better?

Upvote 0
Well the phone did the ota and I can no longer run video. The camera works well but when you switch to video it says"force close, not responding". Also there is a huge delay when typing this message. Not sure what to do with video issue. Some of the upgraded stuff works well. Phone gets hot when calls last longer than 10 min. Any suggestions or help out there?

Upvote 0
I started having the extremely annoying browser lag in both the stock & Dolphin browsers after the 2.01 update.

I was thrilled that home screen swiping was no longer laggy and that camera operations were faster, but I've been extremely disappointed since the update due to the browser lag. My primary use of the droid is web browsing and texting.

In addition, I've also noticed that zooming photos in Gallery is now slower.

Grrr.

I switched to the Droid from another (unnamed!) Verizon Android phone to get away from laggy browser issues and now they're back.

I realize that in this case it's a software issue and will hopefully be fixed at the next update. Hopefully.

Upvote 0
When I got the 2.0.1 uograde a bunch of my contacts went missing. I now only have 11 out of roughly 500. However while they are not listed in my contacts they are all listed in my recent call list and my droids inbox

Whenever I haven't had someone saved in my contacts and they text/call me it just shows up as their phone number. I'm at a loss here...any ideas?

Upvote 0
When I got the 2.0.1 uograde a bunch of my contacts went missing. I now only have 11 out of roughly 500. However while they are not listed in my contacts they are all listed in my recent call list and my droids inbox

Whenever I haven't had someone saved in my contacts and they text/call me it just shows up as their phone number. I'm at a loss here...any ideas?

This happened to me too. I lost all of my contacts that had been phone-only originally (not Google Voice.) I don't quite understand why, as I had it set to auto-sync with GV/Gmail, so they should have saved, right? I'm really irritated about this!!

Upvote 0
This sucks. I don't know if it's the update that's causing this but:

Gmail will not connected. It always says "No connection". This is the worst problem I've had with the Droid so far. Not cool.

When I restart the phone, it first comes on at full brightness and stays until the screen shuts off the first time. No big deal, but adds to the buggy feeling I now have of my phone.

Also all the shortcuts and widgets just disappeared after I added a contact. I had to restart the phone and they reappeared.

This whole no email thing sucks. I have a support email in to Motorola, but no reply yet.

Upvote 0
Emergency call screen is fine on mine.

Larry, you're using a replacement Home app, the DEFAULT one is the one I was talking about. I'm glad you mentioned you're not using the default, but please realize that's likely WHY your screen actually rotates.

Autobahn, that's how it worked before the update, I promise it's not something new. Lots of people complained about it before. The browser is also a known issue, there are other threads about that.

Orangefan, my power widget also changed color. I kind of prefer it this way, it looks a little more 'classy' or polished than the old one.

For those that haven't seen it, here's the new built-in power widget...

Droidpowerwidget.png

Which battery widget is that?

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB
Just got through watching my SD card wipe itself before my eyes. Not a happy camper ;(

e39e60
"But does it courtesy flush? "

Ok, that was brilliant.

Definately disheartening thread for potential purchasers (me)... but I wanted to add that I went to Verizon yesterday for the first time to test drive the Droid... there were two set up on the display counters. I played with one for about 30 minutes and liked everything except the keyboard.

I then walked over to try the Eris, which was ok, but not as impressive as the Droid (to me). I went back to the Droid, which was already in someone elses hands, so I went to the other on display and noticed a HUGE difference in performance.

VERY slow browser and it took about 10 seconds to reset between camera shots. Lots of lag in the keyboard. Just the opposite of the first one I had tested.

Oh, and neither one had the new update, which I found odd since they were display models.

The only reason I mention this in this thread is that it's apparent that not all phones are the same for whatever reason -- even before the updates... so for potential purchasers reading about the goods and bads -- your mileage may vary, as it's clear that not everyone has the same issues.

Is that an accurate statement?

Even with all of the above, I'm still having Droid withdrawals and may have to go back and take the plunge.

Upvote 0
Tabs,
I am running that battery program also. I like it alot. It is called BatteryLife by CurveFish.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the Haptic feedback for when you are unlocking the phone? My haptic feedback seems to be more prominent after the update. I don't need a 'vibrating' sensation when I unlock the phone since my finger push/swipe is good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Ahh I figured it out I feel dumb...my account didn't have any of my contacts turned on...a few check boxes under my google account and life is good

So where did you find that at? I only have 3 contacts showing out of 200, it appears that I have all the boxes checked to turn them on.

Finally got all my contacts back. Went to Google account on my computer. Noticed "All Contacts" had all of them in it. I did Select All, and "Move to My Contacts" button. Then everything was back on the phone!

Upvote 0
Prior to the OTA update, when I hooked my Droid up to the car audio system and made a call, the quality was excellent for the receiver - they couldn't even tell that it was being used that way - sounded like a normal call.

Now, it sounds like I'm in the middle of a hurricane.

Tested with my wife's Droid and it's the same thing. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Upvote 0
After finish a phone call, it used to give me the option to end call after the phone is away from my ear, now it is locked after call and i have to manually unlock then hit end call?.? Power save or has my settings been changed in 2.0.1?

I noticed this also. This is super annoying. I don't see why the phone has to lock when it has an IR sensor to determine when it is against your face. Now it is a pain in the ass, just like my Omnia was. This may sound minor but this was one of my favorite features of the Droid.

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB
Just got through watching my SD card wipe itself before my eyes. Not a happy camper ;(

"But does it courtesy flush? "

Ok, that was brilliant.

Definately disheartening thread for potential purchasers (me)... but I wanted to add that I went to Verizon yesterday for the first time to test drive the Droid... there were two set up on the display counters. I played with one for about 30 minutes and liked everything except the keyboard.

I then walked over to try the Eris, which was ok, but not as impressive as the Droid (to me). I went back to the Droid, which was already in someone elses hands, so I went to the other on display and noticed a HUGE difference in performance.

VERY slow browser and it took about 10 seconds to reset between camera shots. Lots of lag in the keyboard. Just the opposite of the first one I had tested.

Oh, and neither one had the new update, which I found odd since they were display models.

The only reason I mention this in this thread is that it's apparent that not all phones are the same for whatever reason -- even before the updates... so for potential purchasers reading about the goods and bads -- your mileage may vary, as it's clear that not everyone has the same issues.

Even with all of the above, I'm still having Droid withdrawals and may have to go back and take the plunge.

the deleting was pinned down to a third party app that was running on all of them. check out the forums and youlll see it.

Upvote 0
Quote:Definately disheartening thread for potential purchasers (me)... but I wanted to add that I went to Verizon yesterday for the first time to test drive the Droid...

I'd have to say your statement is very correct since I have not had any of the negative effects here. My typing on the KB does *not* lag on the screen, my contacts are all there, etc. And the stock home screen NEVER WENT LANDSCAPE TO BEGIN WITH unless you slide open the KB. This is not an "issue". Most other smart phones on the market do not landscape their home screens either including Apple. This is only a wishlist item and should not be in listed in this thread as a "post 2.0.1 issue"

On the other side, I've had much better battery life since receiving the update and actually like the new unlock screen which I think is a little more classy and streamlined than the 2.0 one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones